fifty-one.

warning: violence, vulgar words, and some topics you might find sensitive.

OSAMU'S POV

"Is it Suna's?" I looked at Akari who was still shocked by the news.

She looked scared, but I wasn't sure why.

Sakura held her hand again, eyes locked on the laying girl. "Akari, only you know who is the father of this baby you're carrying" she rubbed her hand with the pad of her thumb.

Tears rolled down, she started crying. Sakura looked up at me. She was worried about Akari. Although it was their first meeting, Sakura was so worried about Akari, after knowing what Suna did to her.

"It is..." she mumbled. "I'm scared... Sakura, I'm so scared..." she cried out loud. Sakura wasted no time, she pulled her up for a tight hug, hand rubbing on her back as a sign of comfort. "There's nothing to feel scared of, Akari. We're here, we're here for you" Sakura said assuringly.

"He'd kill me if he finds out. He'll kill the baby and I don't want that..." she shook her head, wailing out loud. Sakura looked at me again. She was asking for help to comfort her. I let out a soft sigh, walking over to the bed to sit on the chair that Sakura gave up for me.

I cleared my throat and held her hand, eyes latched on her. "Hey... Look at me" I said. She obeyed and moved up her head to look at me. Her eyes were puffy and red. "Do you want to keep the baby?" She nodded her head at my question. "Why?" I asked.

"Even how abusive he could get... But I can't find myself losing feelings for him. He was harsh on me, I won't deny that but there were also times where he's nice to me. He cared for me, he helped me, he bought me everything. I can't just let it slide" she sniffed. "I know, I shouldn't have feelings for him but I've been with him for a couple of months. I can't help but to have this feeling to grow inside of me. If it's not because of him, my mom would have died by now" her hand was shaky and she couldn't stop from crying.

"And besides..." the other hand of hers placed on top of her belly. "This baby... it is his. No matter how much will he hate this child, it won't change the fact that he's the father. I can't just give up on this innocent child, no..." Akari bowed her head and sobbed. "He would tell me to get rid of it..." she continued.

I pulled her into a hug, comforting her. Akari buried her face on my shoulder, hands tugging on my sweater weakly as she sobbed quietly. She was scared and helpless.

"I will never allow him to harm the child. It's him who's at fault, not the child. And I will never allow him to lay a hand on you. You don't have to feel scared anymore. I'm here" I ruffled her hair softly at the back of her head, assuring her that everything's going to be fine.

It's been an hour since Akari fell asleep after crying so much. I looked at her, staring blankly. It was almost to 3am and I was there still awake.

I felt so tired, both physically and emotionally. Everything happened in a blink. That day felt like the longest day I've ever gone through. Atsumu getting benched, him getting told to fly abroad, finding out about the real Suna Rintarou, and now... Akari's pregnant for two weeks. It all happened on the same day. I felt so tired, I really am.

With my back leaned against the window and arms crossed over the chest, I looked out at the night view of Kobe. Sakura got up from her seat, walking towards me. "You don't have class tomorrow?" she crossed her arms as well, asking me with her head tilted sideways. I let out a sigh, eyes still locked on the scenery in front of me before turning my head to look at the woman standing near to me.

Slowly I shook my head. "No, but I have morning practice instead. Atsumu got benched and I had to play as the setter for our next's match" I said. She widened her eyes and asked me why. "It's sort of a long story but I could say it has something to do with Suna. Atsumu got mad and he got Suna all beaten up. You know... Post-breakup syndrome" she hummed, understood with the situation.