forty-four.

warning: strong and explicit language, violence, and blood

>>>

### notes!! ###
i made the final spotify playlist for this and upcoming ~minor~ angst chapters.

or you can just listen these songs in order:
1. オレンジ (Orange) - 7!!
2. Coping - Rosie Darling
3. Slower - Tate McRae
4. Good Without - Mimi Webb
5. Should've Said No - Tessa Odden
6. Deja Vu - Olivia Rodrigo

>>>

Monday. 8am.

Suna was there leaning against his car door with arms crossed over his chest. He looked at me walking out from the lobby, taking my steps towards him. He promised me last night that he'll take me to meet Atsumu so we both could mark an end to our argument. My heart felt heavy and I wasn't sure why.

"You're okay? You looked pale" Suna asked worriedly. I looked up at him, slipping my hands into my hoodie pocket. With a hum as a response, I nodded my head convincingly. "You're sure?" he asked. He was still worried about me, his face said so. I pursed my lips, bowing my head with an empty mind. I couldn't think of anything. My mind was blank and empty and my heart felt uneasy. "What is it that you're thinking, y/n?" his eyes looked down at me. Slowly I shook my head before looking up to meet his eyes. "Do you think it will work?" I asked unconfidently. Somehow I felt like it won't give us a good ending. I was being paranoid about it. "We should at least give it a try than do nothing about it" he replied.

I heaved, humming after. Suna straightened his back and patted the top of my head. "Whatever it is, I want you to know that I'm always here for you, y/n. You have my words" he smiled and ruffled my hair. I stared at him for a few minutes long. It still sounded a little funny to me knowing he used to be someone I called my boyfriend before and look at us now being best friends. Suna has become my biggest supporter, my backbone since day one. He was there witnessing me being at my downfall up until now. He was there to pull me up when I fall. I can't imagine what will happen to me if he wasn't there, really.

"Thank you so much, Rin. I mean it" my lips stretched, forming the widest and sincere smile and it was for Suna for all the good things he has done for me. He mirrored my smile, "Hm. You're most welcome, y/n" he hummed.

My heart raced. The rhythm of the heartbeats was odd. It was unusual. We stopped once we reached Atsumu's dorm unit. Suna turned his head to look at me. "We're here" he said. I took a deep breath and nodded my head. My hand knocked on the door slowly but I received silence in the first place. I looked at Suna with a frown. "Maybe he's still mad at m..."

"Try again" he cut me off. "Just because he didn't respond to you at your first try, doesn't mean you have to give up right away" he cackled. I looked up at him and sighed. "I don't feel good about this" I murmured and bowed my head. "So you'd rather keep your relationship this way than to put an end to your heartbreak?" he asked. My lips were sealed, I couldn't answer him immediately.

"I thought you said you missed him" he sighed loudly. Suna slipped his hands into his pockets, "Fine, let me just send you home then if you're not ready" he was about to leave Atsumu's unit but I quickly stopped him by his wrist. "No, we're already here" My eyes locked with his, I smiled up convincingly. His lips curved and he nodded his head. "Just relax, okay?" softly he ruffled my hair.

Suna leaned against the concrete wall next to the door of Atsumu's unit. I looked to the front, raking a deep breath before knocking the door again, louder and repeatedly this time.