fifty-nine.

notes:
listen to my spotify playlist "hiraeth"

or listen to these songs in order:
1. 愛,存在 (Love, Exists) - 魏奇奇 (Wei Qiqi)
2. オレンジ (Orange) - 7!!
3. A Soulmate Who Wasn't Meant To Be - Jess Benko
4. The Truth Untold - BTS
5. Lost Without You - Freya Ridings

>>>

I don't know if it's only me but Osamu has been so distant lately. We didn't get to hang out as often as we used to and he always drove back to Hyogo to work at Onigiri Miya while I'm here still unemployed.

He has become someone who's very quiet too. The Osamu I used to be intimidated of. That's who he's slowly turning into.

Ding!
Miya Osamu. 9:34am.
- Morning. I'm going back to Hyogo today and I want you to come with me. Are you okay with that?

I read the message I received from Osamu. Going back to Hyogo with me. It's been a while since I went there and I'm not up to anything at the moment so why not. I replied to him yes and quickly started packing my stuff.

As expected, the journey was nothing but pure silence. It's been a while since I'm being stuck in such an awkward situation with Osamu, except for the past two years. He didn't talk much, just focusing on his driving.

Did I do something wrong?

"Samu..." I broke the silence. "Are you okay?" I asked, looking up at the grey-haired boy with a smile. He hummed but remaining his face facing to the road.

I stared at him for a while and looked down, fingers fiddling together. I know something's not right for him. He has been giving me the cold Osamu aura, and not the one who's close to me, who's clingy at times.

"You know... If I did something that upsets you, you can tell me" I murmured. "You being quiet like this doesn't only put us apart, but it also scares me. You're like the Osamu I once intimidated of" I smiled bitterly.

Osamu gripped on the steering harder, speeding up the car. I guess he's really mad at me but I wasn't sure why. The car moved faster than the usual speed he drove, giving me chills all over my body.

"Samu..." I gripped on the seatbelt and glanced at him. His eyes didn't blink and he was still speeding up his car almost up to 170km/h. "Osamu!" eyebrows knitted together with a panic expression shown on my face, I called his name louder. He pressed the brake pad, stopping the car at the side of the road.

"Samu... What is wrong with you?" I asked, concerned about his odd behavior. He positioned his arms on the steering wheel, burying his head on it. "Are you trying to get us killed?" eyes didn't leave him, I looked at the male who's still ignoring me. "Did you do that because you're mad at me?"

"If you're mad at me then tell me, just don't do that. It's dange..."

He pulled me into his arms, hugging me tighter than usual. His hand held the back of my head, his face buried in my hair. "I'm sorry" he whispered. His voice was low and soft. It sounded sad and different. Everything about him is just different that day.

"Samu..." my body froze. I had no idea what is it that has been bothering him but his behavior did surprise me. It was my first time seeing him letting his emotion to control him.

"Y/N..."

"Will you hate me if I turn into a bad guy?"

My eyes grew bigger at his sudden question. Bad guy? What does he mean?

"Will you hate me... If I ever become someone who's very selfish and possessive?"

"Samu..." my mind was blank.