forty-three.

I looked up at Atsumu with a frown. My heart ached, that's for sure. He sounded like he's throwing me away; not directly. It seemed like he's passing me to someone else, making me feel like I'm a toy with no feelings. After all this time that I've waited for him, he's now making it obvious that he no longer wants me, and that pained me. I had to admit that it's painful.

Yes, he's hurting and so am I. We are both hurting and he can't just be selfish about it. He should have think about how I felt as well and instead of making up, instead of reconciling, he chose to stay with his childish acts and kept dragging this argument. I was mentally bothered about it. I was sleep-deprived because of overthinking about things too much. My whole body felt numb and drained out of energy. What happened to all of his sweet promises? Just because of one mistake, he pushed me away this far. I'd be fine if he breaks it off with me, I'd rather go through that honestly. But he chose to keep me hanging, with no clear answers about the end of our story. I'm tired, I'm really tired.

Atsumu locked his gaze on me and the gaze he was giving me, it meant nothing but emptiness to me. I no longer can see the sparkles in his eyes just like how he used to look at me before. I stared up at him for a few minutes and swallowed myself. "Rin..." I murmured. "I'm coming with you" I said. I can see the changes in Atsumu's eyes as if he doesn't want me to go and to stay with him but I was insisted with my own choice. Deep down inside of my heart, I knew that he'd completely ignore me if I choose to stay. "You're sure?" Suna asked while glancing back to Atsumu. "Yeah" I replied, breaking the eye contact and turned my head facing Suna.

"Alright, if you insist. We better get going. Osamu's waiting" he pulled out his car key from his pocket. "Hm, let's go" I glanced at Atsumu before walking away.

Suna and Atsumu watched me walking away alone, "Drive carefully" Atsumu uttered, bowing his head after. Suna looked at him, offering his key. "You can go with her" he said. Atsumu looked up at the black-haired guy and shook his head. "Nah, it's fine. It'll make things worse. Just make sure she's fine and happy throughout the night. I'm counting on you" Atsumu patted Suna's shoulder and walked away.

***

ATSUMU'S POV

I sat on the barstool, ordering myself a new drink. The ache coming from my heart, it's almost to unbearable. I knew that she's hurting as well yet I couldn't find myself to bring peace for both of us. I just can't let the picture of her kissing Suna out of my mind. Every time I looked at her, the picture of them kissing will come into my mind and I hate it. And it pained me seeing her chose to go with Suna instead of staying. What is it that I wanted from her? I don't even know.

I still love her. I love her more than everything but I can't deny that I'm still lowkey mad at her for betraying me. I showed her my true feelings, changed myself to become a better boyfriend for her but when I was away for a training camp, she chose to kiss her ex-boyfriend. I was speechless at the moment she told me. I felt like I'm a fool for trying hard.

The barista placed down my glass on the countertop. I was about to get my glass but it was snatched by a hand of a lady. "Here" she handed me another drink instead. I looked up at the woman who's now sitting on the empty barstool next to me. Akari.

I quirked an eyebrow, "What do you want?" I asked. This girl irritates me as well. I can say she's one of the reasons why y/n and I are on bad terms and she doesn't look guilty about it at all. "Here, have my drink" her hand was still offering the red wine to me. "It's fine. Just give me my drink back" I said, attempted to reach for my glass from her but she pulled back. "It's my treat because I messed up the other day" she placed down the red wine on the countertop and took a sip of the drink that I ordered myself. Fucking hell.