thirty-nine.

>>>

### notes!! ###
song recommendation: drivers license by olivia rodrigo ^^

>>>

OSAMU'S POV

I pulled the gear lever, turning my head to look at y/n who was still crying silently in the passenger's seat. I had no idea what happened but it seemed like they got into another fight. I wasn't trying to be nosy but Atsumu looked so broken earlier and judging from how bad y/n cried, I assumed it's pretty bad and serious. "Did something happened?" I mumbled, eyes were still looking at the woman figure beside me. She pursed her lips, shaking her head silently. "Thank you for sending me home" she looked up at me. Her eyes were puffy and red. "Can't you tell me?" I asked, concerned. Y/N crumpled her forehead as she tried to hold back her tears from dropping again. "I'm really sorry, Osamu. I didn't mean to hurt him" she wasn't strong enough to hold the tears. "I love him so much. I love him more than everything, more than he could even imagine. But I'm a human too, I make mistakes and I have no power to avoid that" her small hands clenching on her jeans, and they were shaking. "I didn't mean to hurt him. It wasn't my intention to break him like this. I screwed up. I'm really sorry, Osamu. I'm really sorry for failing him, for failing you as well. I know I said I won't hurt him, but I did it eventually. I didn't mean to, I swear" she broke down, bowing her head and cried out loud.

My lips were sealed. I didn't really get it but she was admitting that it was on her this time. It was her who broke Atsumu. I don't know what to feel and how to react but seeing her crying out like this, she looked broken as well. She looked like she's in pain as well. She was apologising and kept saying sorry and I don't even know why is she apologising for.

"I'm scared, Osamu. I'm really scared" I looked at her trembling body. "I'm scared he might leave me. I don't want to lose him, I don't want to. I know I screwed up but I want to make it up for him. I'd do anything for him" she mumbled. My mind was blank. I wanted to help but I don't know what was happening. I swallowed, braved myself to pull her into a hug. Slowly I rubbed her back, comforting her. "Shush. That's nonsense, y/n. We both know that he will never leave you. If he's the type who gives up on someone he loves so much, he'd do that long time ago" y/n couldn't stop crying on my chest and her hands clenched on my sweatshirt, wetting it with her tears.

I entered the room. It was almost to pitch black because the light was off. I switched on the light and saw Atsumu laying on his bed with his blanket on him. He was facing the wall and his head was covered. I stepped forwards, approaching my twin brother. "Are you okay?" I asked. He didn't give any response, shutting himself. "She was crying so bad. Her body was trembling, she couldn't stop saying sorry and she said she's scared that you might leave her" I looked down at him still. Atsumu wasn't responding to me still. "You didn't dump her, right?" I let out a sigh.

Atsumu sat up on his bed, revealing his red and swollen eyes. I furrowed my eyebrows. What the hell that happened? I can't help but to feel curious. "I'm too weak to even let her go" he looked up at me, his eyes were still watery. "I wished I can do that, but I couln't. Because I love her so much, Samu" he sighed, wiping off his tears. "I was excited to be with her after I came back, but look at us now" he get up from the bed., sighing again. "I know I've been giving you nothing but troubles, Samu. But I'd like to ask for your help for one last time" he looked at me. "Please take care of her for a few days. I'm just going to distant myself... To calm myself. I don't want to hurt her" the look in his eyes, it was disappointment. Atsumu walked into the bathroom, locking the door.

The next morning...

Y/N looked surprised when she saw me waiting in my car in front of the building. Her eyes were swollen, probably because of crying too much. I couldn't say no when Atsumu asked me to help him driving y/n to campus. He said he'd better have me driving her instead of letting her taking a cab. He was mad and upset yet he still prioritised his girlfriend's safety. That's one thing I'm proud of him.