17. Thunderstorm.

Jungkook pov...

I was in the car with her. She has more resilience then I thought. She didn't once struggle to leave or defend herself. She was very careful of what she said. Except curses, sassy statements and insults nothing left her mouth.

It was sealed tight. I felt guilty hitting her. She didn't even look at my face. She was looking outside with her head resting on the glass and legs on top of other.

I should have brought her when she had longer clothes. Her clothes were not protecting her from cold.

She was just curled up in a ball. Now i looked ta her closely when she has no doctor's coat on.

Only to see burn marks, bruises and other stuff on her arm and every portion of her exposed skin.

They complemented her skin but they were scary even to look at. As if someone beat her with rod and belts and burning metal.

I looked at her flawless face. Which was left untouched. Except my hand print on her cheeks. Which had gotten red by now.

"why do you have so many marks?" I ask her.

I know very well taehyung is listening to everything closely.

She turned to me. "you are not the only one kidnapping and abusing me. Its not my first time." she said with a small smile.

I just don't get. How does she smile no matter what.

"don't worry doc. We won't harm you" taehyung said from the front seat.

"yeah... Sure..... I have already seen that" she said sarcastically.

And taehyung glares at me from the rear mirror.

"what was your dream about?" I ask her.

She again turns to me and this time turns her whole body towards me. Leaning her back on the door.

"few highlights of my life which doesn't leave my sub conscious self." she said with a plain yet smiling face.

"like.....?" taehyung asks her.

"things I promised my mom, things I promised his dad. Things  I was told and things I have to hide" she says with confidence.

TAEHYUNG looked at me and so did I.

"why are telling us so easily?" taehyung asked while still driving.

She chuckled and scratches her forehead. "well.... I am not a spy. I don't have any national secret to protect and I guess these were stuff you already knew." she said and again smiles.

I just look at her with a straight face." what was the legacy. What did my father and your mother say? " I ask her.

She chuckles again " are you crazy? It's safe and working only if you people don't know about it. There is no way I'm going to say so much" she says and pulls a straight face.

I grit my teeth and punch the hear rest of the seat infront. She didn't even flinch.

Suddenly there was thunder and slowly rain started pouring as there was thunder sound. She leaves a small gasp and covers her ear.

Curled up in a ball. Taehyung looked back at her and me. Still trying to cope with the car. He immediately looks ahead to balance the car.

He lean closer to her confused. "what happened!?" I ask her.

She just pulls herself closer and curls up. The thunder sound was increasing.

I shook her and she was shivering and tears coming out. "y/n!!" I call her name but she doesn't listen.

"is it because of the thundersound???" taehyung asks.

She still doesn't respond. "is she sonophobiac??"taehyung asks me.

" now I think of. I think she is." I replied.

" what should I do?" I ask him.

"do I seem like a  psychiatrist to you?? "he asks in annoyed tone.

I leave a groan not understanding what to do. I immediately take off my jacket and put it over her. Covering her head with the hood and pulled her closer.

In my arms and holding her tighter so sound won't be much. Taehyung closes all the windows.

"do you have headphones or something?" I ask her.

She doesn't responds but herself closer to me and her grip on my shift tightens. When I spot a bump in her pocket. I pulled it out-

"I think there are headphones in the car" taehyung says and opens the small storage. While still driving.

"no need....she has earpods in her pocket" I said and pulled out the small white box. She was whimpering at this point I pulled out the earphones and connect them with my phone.

I immediately placed it in her ear and play songs but since they there was no network. So I played old recordings.

After a minute she silenced up and stopped crying and looked up at me.

In the whole day I saw fear in her eyes for the first time. She was crying........ She didn't even flinch when a gun was on her forehead but was crying when thundersound echoed in her ears.

Her eyes slowly close up and she falls on my chest.

I frown and look at her.

"what the heck?" I mumbled and taehyung sighed.

She pulls herself away from me in drowsy state and crawl to the other side.

Instead I had the urge to pull her and I did. She was flustered.

"what are you doing?" she asks me softly.

"stay like this" I said and she looked at me. Before I die out of cardiac arrest I pushed her head deeper into my chest and she stayed still.

I just noticed taehyung smirking in the front. "hyung concentrate on the road" I said him firmly.

He bits his lips trying the urge to laugh and speak "how can I when you are like that at the back" she said and turns the steering wheel to change direction.

I just sigh and glare at him. He shrugs his shoulder I just pinch my nose bridge.

"the fearless wasn't she called because she had no fear but because she had the guts to face them.

She cried not because she was weak but because all the fears haunted her again at once."

~ author.

*****************************
Author, complicated me and me are the same person and all the qoutes are spoilers of the next chapters or explanation of the same one.

More like preview.