Remembrance Day

"I never was educated much on the fourth shinobi war...we never were Hikaru, but knowing that so many people died, just for many others to try and destroy the peace they fought so hard to obtain..." She clenches her fist.

"I Will Not Let them. I'll put my life on the line and make sure there is no one else like me.

I'll keep the promise I made to you.

I'll save and protect everyone, all with a smile on my face." She places her hands in her pockets and looks up.

"But...It gets harder to smile every day. Maa...I wonder when I'll be able to join you..." She smiles and turns around.

"Considering I'm a shinobi, I'll most likely die young. Especially with my eyes, Ya know?" 

She walks towards the ceremony, slowly catching sight of her team and many others standing in the front, wearing all black. Slowly making her way towards her team, she makes eye contact with her father. He smiles at her, as she copies his action, though the smile doesn't meet her eyes.

She stands beside her yellow haired friend, who glances at her with a raised eyebrow, listening to the fifth hokages speech.

"What's up with you?" She raises her own eyebrow at his question.

"What do you mean? Who wouldn't be depressed on a day like this?"

"Touche."

"Shh!" Her eyebrow twitches, but she faces forwards, making eye-contact with the only female hokage.

For a second, Ahmya thought she saw a flicker of guilt in her eyes, but it left as soon as it came.

She raises an unamused eyebrow at the blonde haired woman, but shrugs it off.

"Please come up and place your flowers!" Konohamaru nods at his team.

"We go first." She nods and follows, last in the line her teammates had formed.

Konohamaru sneaks concerned glances to the young girl, but only sees her normal stoic and bored face. He sighs and fights the need to ruffle her hair and reassure her.

Ahmya looks at the white flower in her palm.

She preferred roses, or poppies in this case.

Hikaru's favorite flower was a sunflower, to which the young Hatake found amusing seeing how his name meant Light. She always did think he was the sun and she was the moon.

His heart was completely pure, where as hers was still dark.

Of course he pulled her out of that pool of darkness, and instead introduced the perfect sunlight.

"Ahmya. Your taking too long." She blinks at her sensei and places the flower down.

"Gomen..."

"It's fine. Let's go." She nods, not noticing the calculating gaze of the hokages and heroes standing in the front.

They all saw one thing flash through her eyes.

Longing.

Of course, none of them noticed any other emotions other than the 6th and the seventh hokage. The two people who knew her best, could sense the small amount of hate and darkness within the girl.

And it worried them greatly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Shouldn't you be home already?" She ignores the black haired man and places another flower on the graves.

"Ahmya, Your father is probably-"