Chapter 53.

I ended up riding with my mom and Steve. Mika and Crys drove together and Jeffy had his own ride. My mom kept asking me what was wrong. I kept quiet until we passed a drugstore and I asked to go in. I bought six more tests and stuffed them into my purse and told my mom that they didn't have what I wanted when I came back empty handed.

This can't be happening. I'm pregnant and Andy just broke up with me, and my friends blame it all on me. I don't know what to feel. I feel numb, like empty. We got home and I ran straight to my room and locked the door.

I took the second test of that night.

Pregnant.

I took the third one.

Still Pregnant.

I wanted to take the fourth one but it was no use. i knew what it was going to say. I take my clothes and makeup off and go to bed. Maybe this is a fever dream and it'll all be over when I wake up. I'll still have my Andy, I'll still have my friends, and I won't be pregnant.

I woke up super late. More late than usual and that's saying something. I didn't want to get out of bed so I just reached over and grabbed my phone. It was dead because I didn't plug it in that night.

I wondered if what happened last night actually happened. I couldn't check my phone to see if there was any messages from last night. I really hope it was just a terrible dream. My mind just fucking with me. Maybe I threw up because of the food and passed out. Maybe all that was a dream.

*ding, dingding, ding, ding, dingding, ding*

My phone starts to turn back on and all my messages and notifications come in. I don't bother to look at it and just go to the bathroom to take a shower.

I get out of the shower and just sit on my bed for a while. I realizations started to come over me and I consciously knew it wasn't a dream. It was real. All of it. The way Crystal and Mikaila looked at me, the single belly wrenching word on the tests, the words Andy yelled at me. I knew it happened. I just don't want to believe it.

I grabbed another test just to be positive.

Pregnant.

And there was nothing I could do to stop it. I don't think I could go through with an abortion. Maybe I should make up with Andy and just tell him.

What if he doesn't want to answer?

What if he doesn't even care?

What if he's really done with me?

I tear up at those thoughts in my head. Why? Why didn't I tell him then and there? Why didn't I just scream that I'm pregnant? Even if I tell him he probably wouldn't believe me. I hate myself right now I don't even know what to do.

I grab my phone and I see messages from my friends saying sorry. I ignore them and call Andy but I don't get an answer. I dial him again. "Please answer Andy.." I say aloud.

No answer.

I start to give up and leave him alone until my phone buzzes in my hand. "Andy! I'm so glad you called back. I was worried you were never going to talk to me again." I say looking down at my feet. "I was sleeping." He responds in a very low and raspy voice and I can tell he's just now waking up.

"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were still sleeping. I can call back if you—," I was interrupted by a girl's voice. "Oh AJ, you're up? I'm surprised. I thought you'd be sleeping all day from all the energy you used last night." She giggles.

My heart starts beating so loud I can hear it in my head. "Andy? Who's that girl in the background?" I ask trying to keep my composure. "Did you want something?" He asks while dodging my question. "Yes, to know who that girl is in the background. I know it's not your sister."