Chapter 12

Anderson

I did it. I finally said it. I told Mrs. Matthews and her boyfriend about my "obsession". Mrs. Matthews said that she figured.

"How did you know?" "I was young once. I did somethings." She smiles.
"But that doesn't explain why you and Brielle are acting like this."

To be completely honest, I don't even know. And I tell them just that. "Well maybe she can tell us what's the problem?" Steve says. Mrs. Matthews calls Brielle down but she doesn't answer.

"Maybe you should go up stairs to her room. She might have ear headphones in." Mrs. Matthews says. So I do.

She's not in her bed. I look over at the bathroom door and see that there is a shower cap on the door knob. I think that means she's in the shower.

I wander in her room and look at her pictures. I sit on her bed, waiting for her to come out. She doesn't and I realize that it might be a little weird having me on her bed, in her room, waiting for her. So I go back down stairs and tell them she's in the shower.

We start talking about me working and cleaning her house when Brielle comes down in nothing but a towel. I am mesmerized. She's so fucking beautiful. I can't wait until she's mine. If she even does become.

She starts to go up stairs and I try to stop her. "Wait! I'm sorry!" Tears form in my eyes and my voice cracks. That doesn't work. In fact, I think that made it worse as she runs up stairs and closes her door.

I sit back down and start crying. Steve gets up and goes to her room and knocks. "Go away!" I can hear her from down here. "Brielle, it's me Steve." She opens the door and he goes in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brielle

"What's going on Brielle?" Steve asks. "To be honest, I really don't know. It's just awkward whenever we are around each other." He sits on my bed and puts his hand on my shoulder.

"I know kiddo, it's hard being a teenager. I know. But it's going to be ok. I promise." I look at him. He looks down at me. I feel tears forming in my eyes but I don't want to cry. I do, but then I don't.

"I just really like him. But I don't know if he likes me. A lot of people have been trying to be nice to me just because my mom is the principal. And I hate that! Why can people just like me for me. Not who my mom is." I say.

"I'm pretty sure they're not being nice to you just because your mom is the principal. I think you're just overreacting on that one." He says.

"One guy even asked me to marry him.Then he said, "If I get in trouble, will you bail me out with your mom?" Now you tell me if I'm overreacting or not!"

"Ok, ok. Touché. But I think you should give Anderson more credit than you're giving him. He really likes you." I look at him. "How do you know?"

"Because I have spent half an hour talking to the guy and I feel like I've known him all his life. He's very passionate guy, but, he's been hurt a lot. Just give him a chance."

He kisses me on my forehead and tells me good night. He walks out and goes downstairs.

I get up and go to my dresser to pick out my pajamas. I take what he says into consideration. I think about when he says, 'he's a passionate guy but he's been hurt a lot'. I wonder what that means?

I get dressed and then I pull my hair into a ponytail. Then I take it down because I don't like ponytails. I stare at myself in the mirror. What's so great about me? I start to cry but I hear a soft knock on my door.

I open it to see Anderson crying. "I'm so so sorry." I pull him in to a hug. Mom comes up from behind him and mouths, "His dad, his step mom, and little sisters got into a car accident. They don't think they are going to make it."

He dropped to the floor and I go down with him and we cuddle on the floor. His head on my chest, his arms around my waist, my hands on his head stroking his hair. I kiss his forehead. "Everything is going to be ok. It's going to be alright." I rock him on the floor repeating it. "Everything is going to be ok. It's going to be alright."