Chapter 59.

*I swear we're getting close to the end, you'll get an ending soonnnnnn!!*

~~~three months later~~~

I stand in the nursery we put in Andy's house, looking at myself in the mirror, rubbing my four month old bump through a pink dress. Just five more months to go and it seems like it went by in a day. (Or however long it'll take the author to publish this chapter. 🤦🏽‍♀️)

"Babe!" I hear from downstairs. I open the door and Andy is in the living room with something behind his back. What are you hiding?" I say as I walk down the stairs slowly.

"Is it another spider? I told you Andy, do you want me to go in to premature labor?" He just laughs. "No, it's not a spider," he brings that something from behind his back. A bouquet of my favorite flowers.

"Morning glories! Where did you ever find these?" I run up to him and hold them in my hands. "Yeah they are hard to find but so are you and you're both worth it." He kisses my forehead and I blush. "You are too baby."

"Is everything ready for the party?" Andy asks me as grabs a vase from the cabinet. "Yeah, everything is done and set up outside. I'm so excited to see what our baby is!" He comes up from behind and wraps his arms around me. "Me too,"

We stand like this for a second, then I look at his shirt and gasp. "Babe! You need to wear a color!" I pull at his black tshirt. "My shirt is upstairs, I'll put it on just before people come. I just didn't want it to get dirty while I was running errands." I sit on an island stool and put my head down on the table feeling ridiculous.

"I'm sorry, I know I've been so crazy this week." Andy places his hand on my arm and rubs it with his thumb. "It okay Brie, I know how important this shower is to you." He lifts my head up. "I've told you to stop stressing. It's not good for either of you. Or me." He smiles, I smile back at him and stand up to hug him.

"Andy, I love how much you care about the baby and my health." "It's my job." He chuckles. "What kind of husband or father would I be if I didn't." I pull away to look at him. "Husband? Did we secretly get married while I was in one of my hibernation naps?" I ask while he laughs.

"No baby, I was just saying when we get married." And he pulls me back into a hug. "You really wanna get married?" "Of course Brielle. Why would I not?"

Before I can give him a response, we hear the door bell and I go answer it while Andy goes upstairs and changes his shirt.

"Heyy!" Mikaila and Crystal exclaim at the door. "You look so pretty girl!" Mika says as she come in and lays her gifts on the couch. "No!" I yell. They both look at me. "I mean, we have a place outside to put them.." I nervously laugh and take their bags outside to the gift table.

"Damn gurl, I haven't seen you get this crazy over a party since your 16th birthday." Crys giggles. "You know she can't help it," Mika butts in. "The girl is a control freak!" I punch her arm. "Ow! Bitch." I stick my tongue out at her.

Andy comes down with a blue shirt. "You all think it's gonna be a boy?" I ask my friends as they all have on blue. "I just look good in blue." Mika turns around and slides her hands up and down her curves. "I don't own anything pink and I didn't have time or money to shop." Crystal dryly giggles.

I turn to Andy. "Well I don't know about you two, but I think it's a boy." "I thought we talked about this baby? We wanted a girl?" He walks off the stairs. "Yeah we may wanted a girl but I just have a feeling it's going to be a boy." He holds my hand in his left and kisses it while his right caresses my bump.

"But regardless of what it is, we will love and take care of it and protect them from anything that comes our way." I blush and the girls behind us "aww". I pull him in for a hug. "This is why I love you."

The girls go outside and finish setting up and Andy pulls me to the side. "I love you too. I really do and I would like to marry you one day, but only if you want to. I know we're young but we're going to be a family and I wanna do it right." I frown at him saying that.

"Just because I'm pregnant does not mean that you have to marry me Andy. I'm not a charity case." Before I can finish going in on him, the door bell rings again and I go and open it.

"Mom, Steve, I'm so glad you came. The gift table is outside, hopefully Mika and Crys put it in the right place." I walk outside with mom as Steve stays back with Andy.

~~~andy's pov~~~

"Did we interrupt something?" Brielle's stepdad asks me. "No sir," I pause as he gives me a look. "Yes..we were talking about getting married." "Really? That's great." I sit down at the kitchen table. "Not really, I don't think Brie wants to marry me. She can be so complicated and confusing sometimes."

He sits down next to me and puts his hand on my shoulder. "Andy, let me tell you something about the Matthews women; they are crazy. And you will drive yourself mad trying to decipher and figure out what they mean or what goes on in their heads."

"At your wedding, we talked about getting married and having kids but when she got pregnant and all that happened, I think she threw that out the window because she still doesn't trust me." I put my head on the table, a little harder than I wanted.

"Maybe she's just trying to protect her feelings so she doesn't get hurt again." Steve says. "Then why get back together? I mean the whole point was so that we can be a family and get back to normal. But sometimes she doesn't seem to want to be with me."

"I said I wanted to marry her because we're gonna be a family and she told me not to because she's not a charity case! She said it right when y'all got here." I lift my head up from the table to see a reaction from Steve but he's just nodding his head.

"She could just tell you that because she doesn't want it just because you are having a baby. She wants you to propose to her and marry her because you love her and want to, not just because you think that's the right thing to do."

He stands up from the stool and walks towards the backyard door. "Do it when you feel that you're ready, and do it because you're ready. The worst she could say is no." With that he leaves out the door to join Brielle's mom and friends.

Suddenly, I get an urge to get something to drink. I reach in the cabinet where we keep alcohol. I sigh when I realize Brielle threw away all the liquor in the house because I promised her I wouldn't drink anymore when we got back together.

I can't help the craving I have so I grab my keys and jacket and head out the door.