Chapter 46.

Anderson

She takes a long breath. "Fine, what do you want me to do?" "I want you to visit Brielle. Tell her all that shit about us having sex and expecting a baby was a lie. And I want you to apologize." She huffs. "I already said I was sorry in the school parking lot 3 weeks ago and you drove off and left me there in the rain." I sigh. "I'm sorry but I was upset. Brielle was hurt and I was too." I pause. "I thought she was dead.." I sniffle a tear.

I hear her sigh. "I already apologized Anderson, what else do you want me to do?" "Not to me, to Brielle." "I already apologized to her too." I roll my eyes. "Apologize again." I say with more anger in my voice than I wanted to. "What is this really about Andy?" I take a deep breath and tell her everything I know.

"Oh my God, that's terrible. Nobody deserves to be treated like that." She says breathy. "I know.." Then there's absolute silence. "OK. I'll go." I perk up. "Really?!" "Hell yes. I know me and Brielle haven't been the bestest friends but, she doesn't deserve that. I'll go talk to her but, what makes you think she'll even want to talk to me after all the shit I've put her through?"

I'm silent. She's right, I didn't think about that. She has made it her mission to torment Brielle since the 7th grade. And partially the reason why she got hit by a car. "You have one more minute." The guard says. After a moment I respond. "Just have a heart to heart conversation. You know, like girls do?" I can tell she's hesitant but she comes back. "OK, I'll have a 'heart to heart' with Brielle." "Good and look out for Koralee." "Will do." "Bye."

I hang up, go back to my cell and close my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brielle

"Sent by who? Why were you sent? How did you know where I was? Does my mom know you're here? Answer me! " I bombard her with questions. "OK, OK. One at a time sis." She says. "I have no time for patience sis." She rolls her eyes and takes a breath.

"No, your mom doesn't know I'm here. I was sent to talk to you. And the person that sent me told me where you were." I walk closer. "Who sent you?" She hesitates. "I can't say.." I step even closer. Her 3 inch heels make her 5 more inches taller than me but, I'm not scared to slap her if I have to. "Beanca, I swear to god, don't fuck with me. Who sent you?"

"Andy." My eyes open wide.