Chapter 36.

Anderson

"Hi there." The receptionist says as I walk up to the desk. "I'm here to se—," "10th floor, room 22." I look at her confused. "How did you kn—," She pulls out her phone and shows me a picture of myself.

"Ms. Matthews told me you might be coming." "Does she know?" I ask. "No. Ms. Matthews told me to keep it a secret." "Ok," I say sticking the sticker on my shirt. "Thanks." "You're welcome."

I go to the elevator and press the "10". I take a deep breath as I go up. I stop at the 6th floor and a girl in a wheelchair and a guy around my age get in the elevator. I notice that the girl has a baby in her hands.

"Congratulations." I say. They look at me. "Thanks." "What's his name?" "Kolton." The girl says. "I'm Darnell and she's Tiffani." The guy says. "I'm Andy." There's and awkward silence after that.

"So, Andy, what brings you here?" Tiffani asks. "My uh.. girlfriend." "Oh? What happened?" Darnell asks. "She uh, tried to commit suicide." I said adjusting my shirt. "Oh my god is she ok?" Tiffani asks. "Yeah she's fine."

I told them about the whole situation. They were speechless at first. Then they told me their situation. Tiffani's parents didn't like Darnell because he's black. As for Darnell's parents, they loved Tiffani.

But they didn't like her parents because her parents thought Darnell was a bad influence in her. So they decided to have a baby to try to get their parents together but it only made things worse.

"Hey, Andy? Can I ask you something?" Tiffani asks. "Sure." "Can I meet her?" "Who? My girlfriend?" She nods. "Um, ok."

We get to the 10th floor and the first thing I do is find a bathroom. I go in and throw up. Darnell comes in behind me and asks if I'm ok. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just nervous." "It's ok buddy. I blew some right before Kolton was born."

We laugh. I fix my face and my hair and take a deep breath. I find her room and knock on the door. Tiffani and Darnell wait outside.

"Come in!" I hear. I open the door and she turns around. She stands up. "Andy? Is that really you or am I still crazy?" I step closer. "It's really me baby girl." She cups her face so I don't see her crying.

I run to her and pick her up. Her legs wrap around my waist. "I missed you so fucking much babygirl." "I-I missed you too daddy." I put her down but my hands stay on her waist and her arms around my neck.

"I am so sorry princess." "Don't be daddy. It's my fault. I was a being a little brat." "I love you Brielle." She looks up at me and smiles. "You do?" "Hell yes! More than anything in this world." "I love you too Andy."

She gets on her tip toes and I lean down and kiss her. The kiss breaks when she starts crying. "What's wrong?" I sit down on the bed and lay her on my lap.

"I just missed you so much a-and I am so sorry." "For what princess?" "For doing what I did to you." I look at her. "My mom told me that you were starving yourself and how you wouldn't talk to anyone. All you would do was drink."

She starts tearing up. "I can't believe I did that to you." I hug her so tight. "You didn't do that to me. I did that to myself. Don't you ever," I look her in her eyes. "Ever think that you did anything. You understand me?"

"Yes daddy." "I love you." "I love you too."