Chapter 3.

Brielle

"Bye mom." I say as I get out of the car. "Hold on, let me park." "Why?" I say looking at her confused. She just smiles and parks. "Moooom! Please don't tell me that you are walking me into the school? I am not in kindergarten. This is high school." I whine. "Don't worry, I won't embarrass you." She gets out of the car and I get out too. I try to outrun her and reach the building before she does. "Brielle, wait!" I keep running, but stop at the entrance to catch my breath.

"Brielle!" Mom says behind me. "You know you have asthma, why would you run!?" She scolds me as she reaches in her purse and gives me my inhaler. "Ok, now carry this every where you go ok?" "Ok mom. Love you, bye." "What are you talking about? I'm coming in with you." She walks past me and walks to the office. I follow her, but not too close. Then I hear something that makes my heart freeze and melt at the same time.

"Hello there principal Matthews." "Hello Cindy. How has your day been." I hear my mom say. No way. There is no way that my mom is the principal. I walk in the office and my mom goes in a room that says her name on the door:

Jessica Matthews: Principal

My eyelids become very heavy, my head starts to hurt and my breathing becomes deep. Suddenly, everything becomes pitch black. And I hear my mom scream. "Brielle! Baby can you hear me? Brielle? Sweetheart! Someone call 9-1-1!" Then I can't hear anything at all.