Chapter 31.

Anderson

"Andy, wake up." I hear. A female voice. My mind goes back to seeing Brielle on the floor, blood everywhere.

"Andy!," there it is again. That voice. It sounds familiar but distant. I know it, but I don't know who it belongs to.

I left the hospital and the first thing I did when I got home was cry. She was gone. I couldn't believe it. I still can't.

All I did was cry and drink. Drink a lot. Cry. Drink. Cry. Drink. That's all I did. That all I could do. I turned my phone off and threw it out the window, I locked my doors, I stayed in my room in my bed.

The only time I would get up from my bed is if I had to piss. I hadn't taken a shower or eaten in days. I also lost a little weight from not eating.

I couldn't. It only mad me sicker and sadder. My stomach was growling every 5 seconds. I didn't know what to do.

I didn't know why I was still here. Why I am still living. My only reason for existence was gone. She was dead. Now what? What's left for me?

Sure, I got money. Sure, a lot of girls want me. But do I want them? Do they make me feel like she did? No. I don't think I will ever find a girl like her.

"Andy!!" I feel a small hand on my shoulder. No. It can't be. Is this real? I open my eyes but all I see is clouds and tears. I blink until they go away. It's very bright so I close my eyes again.

"Andy come on your gonna be late!" I turn around and roll my eyes. "What day is it?" I ask. My voice is very bad. It's raspy and rough. It's barely there.

"Monday." The voice said. Monday? Oh no! Please don't tell me it's,— "It's time to go back to school." She said as if almost reading my mind.

"Come on. You've been sleeping all the time. Let's go before you be late." She grabs my arms and leads me to another room. "Take a shower. You stink booger face." She closes the door.

"Booger face?" Then I remember who that voice belongs to. My step-sister Lizard. I crack a small one sided smile at our stupid nicknames for each other.

It's the first time I've smiled in weeks. I look at myself in the mirror and that smile immediately goes away. Look at what I've done to myself.

I haven't shaved, eaten, showered, nothing. I look like a homeless person. A rich homeless guy. Wow. So that's what I've become? My face starts to feel hot and tears form in my eyes.

I wipe my tears and take a deep breath. I splash water on my face and hop in the shower. The water feels so good. I wash everything. My face, my body, my teeth, my hair— which was dirty honey blonde and is now dark brownish.

I stay in there for a while. I would have stayed in there all day but I remembered what today was. Monday.

I got out the shower and went in my room. I sit on the bed. I look at the night stand and notice two of something on it. I pick them up. One is round and black with white handles and the other is square and all black.

I put the round ones on and my eyes started to hurt. I tried on the square ones and I could see very clearly. I looked around my room only to notice that it's not my room. It's not even my house. I'm at my dads.

I look back that the round ones and realized who's they might be. Brielle's.

"Junior?" I hear my dad call. He knocks on my door. "Come in." "Hey boyo. How are you?" "I'm....," I pause. How am I? I don't know how I am.

He puts his hand on my knee. "I know son. I know exactly what you are going through. I went through the same."
I look at him. "Mom?" He nods. "I love your mother. I still do."

"Will it ever get better?" "Well, you look better, so that just depends on how much you want to think about it. I was bad. I wasn't as bad because I had you, a little baby, think about."

"I think about it 24/7. I can't help but to think about it." "I know son, I know."

"I got something for ya." He walks out of the room and comes back with two boxes. "Here." I open the small box first. "Wow. Thanks dad." I put it on my wrist.

"What time is it?" I ask setting my new watch. "I don't know ask your phone." He says handing me the other box. "Damn. Thank you dad." I hug him. "You're welcome son. Just don't throw it out the window again." He laughs. 

He notices I don't laugh or smile. "Hey," I look up. "I have one more surprise for you but you have to get dressed time enough for breakfast."

"Wait, breakfast?" "Yeah." I look at the phone. 4:50 a.m. "Damn Lizard woke me up at midnight and told me it was Monday and if I didn't get up I would be late!" He laughs. "You know better that to trust your sisters."

I roll my eyes and get up to find clothes. "Later kid." My dad says and goes down stairs.