Chapter 43.

Anderson

"Hi. I'm hear to see Anna-Beth Nichols?" I say to the receptionist. "OK one moment sir." I look at my watch. 12:26 pm. "Are you Anderson?" A soft voice says from behind me. I turn around. "Yes?" A pale, petite girl with long red hair and big green eyes.

"I'm Anna-Beth. The one you talked to on the phone?" She blushes. "Oh, hi. Nice to meet you." She smiles. "My room is this way." She grabs my hand and guides me through a hallway to a door. "This is my room." I go in and she tells me to sit down.

"Do you want something to eat? Drink?" She asks as she gets a water bottle from her mini fridge beside her bed. I decline. "You said Brielle's not OK...for long?" I pause. "What did you mean by that?" She pours the water in a cup and hands it to me.

"Anna-Beth, tell me." I said harsher than I meant. "Sorry. I'm just really worried. You said everyone hates Koralee. What did she do?" She sets the water on the stand in between us. "Like I said, Koralee is a bitch. I can't stand her, the other nurses can't stand her and obviously Brielle. But, there's a reason."

I edge a little closer to the end of the chair. "When Brielle first came here she didn't talk to anyone. She was a loner. Much like me when I first got here, and kinda like me now. And she was my first and only friend." She looks down at her baby pink skirt and rubs it in between her fingers.

"Anyways," She says coming out of a trance. "Ever since she got this job, she's always been a complete jackass. She's been tormenting all off the new patients and nurses. Especially me. I was her favorite target." "She should be fired." I say getting angry. "I know. And people have tried. But...," she trails off.

"But? But what Anna-Beth?" She stands up and goes to the door to check and see if anyone's listening. She comes back and sits down. "Apparently, she has something on Mr. Caldwell, the boss. If we try and get her fired, she will black mail him into keeping her job."

I edge closer. "What do you think she has on him?" I ask. "Some of the other patients and I think they had an affair and that's the reason she got this job. If she gets fired, she might tell his wife." "That's so fucked up. So she can do what ever she wants and not get fired?" "Basically." She says.

"OK so what about Brielle? What's her and Koralee issue." She once again hands me the water. I, again, decline. "Take it, you'll need it for what I'm about to tell you." I raise a brow at her and take the water.

"One day, me and Brielle were in here, my room, playing B.S. Koralee came in pissed. She yelled at me, slapped me and spit on me. She was being such a bitch. I didn't even do anything to her." Her face is getting red and I can tell she's getting overwhelmed and about to cry.

"It's OK Anna-Beth." I sit next to her on the bed. "Brielle got upset and stood up for me. She told her off. Koralee didn't that. After that day, she's been going after Brielle." She starts to cry and I put her head on my shoulder.

"Koralee made Brielle feel like shit and it's all my fault." She cries even harder. "Wait, what do you mean?" "I shouldn't be telling you thinks but one day, Koralee was in Brielle's room and she told her that since Brielle was being a selfish bitch, you killed your self." I lose my shit.

"WHAT!!" I run out the door and yell, "WHERE THE HELL IS KORALEE?!?"