Six - Him

"Falling for him wasn't falling at all. It was walking into a house and suddenly knowing you're home"
-r.i.d

・゚: *・゚:*

"Hurry up Helena!" Cass shouted from the doorway.

We had endured another day of school consisting of arithmacy, ancient runes and muggle studies. Cass was waiting for me in my dorm to get ready to go on our trip to hogsmeade. As sixth year students, we were permitted to take unsupervised trips to hogsmeade as long as we were back in the castle before the curfew of nine.

"Just a second I can't find my scarf" I said back to her as she was getting impatient for me to find my Slytherin striped scarf.

After a few minutes of searching, my scarf was wrapped around my neck and we were on our way through the castle to meet the others at the grand entrance.

It was the early days of autumn, the vast array of trees that scattered the Hogwarts ground had leaves that were starting to turn brown and their was a chilling breeze wafting through the air.

The walk to hogsmeade was around twenty minutes, sped up by me having to run after Eddie when he stole the hat off my head and made a run for it. I chased him down the slight slope of the grassy hill we were descending and eventually managed to snatch the hat back off him.

"Jesus Eddie, have you grown up since second year?" I said with a laugh, my cheeks slightly red from running.

"Not in the slightest" he replied to me causing us both to laugh as the others caught up to us.

Draco and Blaise walked far behind us. I suspected that draco had informed him of our dispute last night as Blaise seemed cautious to approach me. Blaise was a dear friend to me but I couldn't overlook the fact that he still seemed to obsess over Malfoy after seeing the type of person he was.

...

"BLOODY HELL EDDIE!" Cass shouted. I turned to face her to see that her nose had grown perhaps three times in length, the result of a sweet laced with potion that Eddie had given to her, claiming it to be a drewball.

Eddie was clutching his stomach from laughing at her, almost falling over at one point.

"WHERE THE BLOODY HELL DID YOU EVEN GET THAT?!?!" She yelled at him, placing her hand over her nose to hide it from the people passing by us on the streets of hogsmeade.

"The joke shop down the road before term started" Eddie replied, wiping a tear of laughter from his eye. "And stop your whining, effects wear off after ten minutes. A shame, if you ask me."

"Zonko's?" I asked him.

"Precisely," he said still with a smug look of accomplishment on his face.

"We'll come on let's go then." Cass said before taking a few steps down the street.

"Go where?" Blaise asked.

"That joke shop. Eddie had better watch his bloody back" she said before continuing to walk forward.

"Ooooo alright. Come on then" Eddie said before following her.

As Cass, Eddie and Zack made their way towards the joke shop, I turned to look behind me and see what Blaise was planning to do.

"Come on Draco," I heard him say. I could tell that he didn't intend for me to hear them but I just caught onto the conversation.

"Piss of Blaise. I'll meet you there." He looked in my direction. Though I attempted to look away, he clearly noticed me as he whispered something in Blaise's ear before turning to walk down a side alley of the street.