Eight - Can't Say

"Loving you was the most exquisite form of self destruction"
-d.j

・゚: *・゚:*

"I seriously don't know how you drink that stuff, it's vile"

I was sat in the three broomsticks with Cass and Blaize. Eddie and Zack had decided to pay another visit to Zonko's so the three of us decide to get a few pints of butter beer.

"You have no taste Blaize" I replied to him taking a sip of my butter beer.

"Look out, here comes Slughorn." Cass said.

Sure enough, on the other side of the pub was the potions teacher.

Slughorn made it quite clear whom his favourite students were, unfortunately I was for some reason one of them. He had more than once invited me to gatherings he held after school hours where he invited, in his own words, "the brightest and most intelligent students with the brightest future".

Although he did invite some of the brightest students such as Blaize, Hermione and me (not to sound bigheaded) some people such as Cormac Mclaggen, a frightfully dim witted boy, were invited. I assume because of the fame of his uncle who invented some sort of potion and was moderately famous in the wizarding world.

Harry Potter was another member of the slug club, his combined fame and recent tendency to excel in potions made him one of Slughorns favourites.

The man was making his way over to the table we were sat at.

"Hello Helena, Blaize, Cass."

"Afternoon, sir" Blaize replied to him.

"Lucky I caught you here, you know back in my day, it was tradition for me to throw a Christmas party, and now that I'm back at the school, thought I might as well reinstate it! Helena, Blaize, you are most welcome to attend." Cass sat with an irritated look on her face. Noticing this, he added "oh and feel free to each bring someone with you!"

"Thank you sir, I'd be delighted" I replied to him.

"Me too, thanks"

"Ah yes, it will be on the 14th-" my attention was immediately drawn away from what Slughorn was saying as I noticed a blonde boy with a worried look on his face push his way through the pub and head for the exit.

"I'm very sorry sir, but would you please excuse me. I will see you at the party" and with those words I rushed out if my seat towards the exit.

Draco had told us earlier than morning that he couldn't come out with us that day as he had something he needed to attend to. This was nothing unusual- he hadn't been out with us since the start of October and it was now nearly December.

I lost sight of him as I walked through the crowded bar but I soon found him again when his dark figure, wearing the black suit he wore so often, was walking down the contrasting white snowy street.

"Draco!" I exclaimed to him. He jolted slightly. I knew he had heard me, but yet he still continued walking. I yelled his name a second time and began to jog up to him standing at his side.

"What" he replied in a cruel tone, not looking at me or stopping walking.

"I thought you said you couldn't come out today?" I said to him keeping up with his pace.

"Well something came up." He said still not looking at me.

"Well why didn't you come over?" I asked. He suddenly stopped in his tracks.