Twenty - So Thats Why

"It is easy to say you would die for another. Show me you would kill for me."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

I had the sickening realisation that my wand still lay in Draco's room. I had lain it down on his table while he was sleeping.

I struggled and groaned as I desperately tried to release the restraints around me, but they weren't physical and I couldn't break magic with my bare hands. I yelled out desperately trying to get anyone to hear me, but I knew it was useless. Snape probably had a silencing charm on the office and there was nobody on the corridor when I had just looked down it, but it didn't stop me yelling in the hope that maybe I could attract someone to help.
I could move the chair with me but it stayed attached to my body and refused to release me. I slammed my body hard against the door hoping that someone would hear it. Something must be happening. Snape wouldn't of hesitated to wipe my memory unless he had a reason. I shuddered at the thought of what Snape and Draco could be doing while I sat here defenceless and useless.

Draco must of been planning something. That's why he hardly ever attended classes and didn't speak to anyone. It made me feel sick to know that I was kissing him when he was undoubtedly working for the dark lord. That's why he was always wearing that damn suit. Thats why he showed up to the train in the first day already wearing his long sleeves. How could I be so stupid as to fall for someone like that. Why didn't I see it?

I had stopped slamming against the door in defeat, my head pounding from where I had mistakenly hit it against the stone wall. A small gash on the side of my head leaked scarlett blood onto the shoulder of my robes, slowly dripping onto the floor staining it. I desperately wanted to get to Snape and Draco and find out what they were doing. Maybe I could stop it. I didn't know what it was, but I knew something was happening. And with death eaters involved in it, I was certain it wouldn't be pleasant.

"Alohamora!" I heard the voice come from the outside of the door. I was still sat bound to the chair in front of the door. I heard the latch unlock and the door tried to open, slamming into where I was sat. I didn't know who's the voice was but moved myself and the chair away from the door to let them in, and Hermione and Ron came into the office shutting the door behind them.

"Hermione, Ron. How did you know I was in here?" I looked up to them from the chair.

"We followed you." Ron said

"Why did you-"

"Well we aren't just going to sit in the common room are we?" Hermione said. She walked over to me and cast a non verbal spell that released me from the spell Snape had cast. I stood up, rubbing my wrists that hurt from the robes that still burnt my arms from friction despite not even seeming to be there.

"Harry said that the other week after Slughorns party, he over heard Draco speaking to Snape about some sort of unbreakable vow." Hermione added.

"He was there too? I heard that and I spoke to Draco" I said

"What do you know about Draco?" Hermione asked.

"Nothing. We have only been together less than two weeks and I only just figured out that he's a-" I stopped unable to say the words my self.

"Anyway, we knew Snape would do something. We had to hide when we saw him coming, but from the way he went he looked like he was headed for the astronomy tower." Said Ron. My chest sunk as I realised that was were Harry was meant to be.

"We need to get up there" I said.

"And do what? We can't just go up there with no idea what's happening," Hermione said

"Well why choice do we have? We can't leave two death eaters to go after Harry and Dumbledore."

Dumbledore. The necklace. That must of been why Draco was in the three broomsticks that day. He must of given Katie the necklace.

He was trying to kill Dumbledore.

"Kill Dumbledore?! Surely he isn't capable of that" Ron said to me.

"Well he's already tried once!" I said.

"Twice." Me and Ron looked at Hermione in confusion. "Ron, when you got poisoned. Slughorn said the bottle was meant for Dumbledore. Draco must of poisoned it."

"And he's probably going to try tonight! We need to go!" And with my words I ran out of the door, but I quickly stopped when I realised I didn't have my wand. "Shit. My wand is in Draco's dorm."

"Take mine" said Ron before handing me mine.

"Ron what are you doing? This is yours, what are you going to do?" I said trying to hand him back the wand

"You are the only one with a chance of talking to Draco. Your the only one he might listen to. Go with Hermione, I'll go and get yours and I'll meet you at the astronomy tower in ten minutes. If you aren't there, I'll wait on the courtyard"

"Ron are you sure?" I said to him.

"Yes, there is a much better chance of Dumbledore getting out alive if you go to him." He yelled.

I glanced at Hermione and she nodded at me.

"The password is gillyweed. His dorm is number 56."
I paused and thought of how Cass and the others had sat dumbfounded in the common room. "Don't speak to anyone. Cass, Blaise, they will ask where I am. Ignore them. Just run."

"Gillyweed, number 56. Speak to no one. Right ok, go!" Me and Hermione shared a look before sprinting down the hallway, leaving Ron as we turned left out of the corridor while he went to the right to the Slytherin common room.

...