Seventeen - Not a Soul

"I try to laugh about it,
hiding the tears in my eyes.
Because boys don't cry"

-The Cure

・゚: *・゚:*

I took the same path that I had seen Harry take. I sprinted down the hall in an attempt to catch up to one of them. I reached the end of the hallway and just caught sight of Harry turning the corner.

I wasn't too far behind Harry, if he turned he would be able to see me. But he didn't - he was too busy sussing out where Draco had went.

I waited behind the corner that Harry had just turned. I gave him a few seconds to advance so he wouldn't spot me. After a few moments, I turned the corner, only I couldn't see Harry. The corridor had no classroom or doors apart from the bathroom. He must have followed him in there.

I walked up against the wall towards the door. It took me a good twenty seconds or so to reach the door. I couldn't hear any sound from inside the bathroom, a wooden door separating me from the two of them.

I listened closely but no sound arrived. That was until I heard the muffled sound of Harry's voice. Although I couldn't make out what he was saying, there was fury in his voice. There was silence.

Whatever was happening in there, I needed to know what it was. I reached my hand out to the door handle. As I was about to grab it, a loud crash came from inside the room making me jolt backwards. Not the crash of objects falling or hitting each other. But the crash of a missed spell.

I yanked the door open and ran into the room. A jet of blinding white light made its way towards me, intended for Harry who stood mere steps away from the door. I dodged hardly to the side, the spell only narrowly missing me.

At the other end of the room stood Draco - his pale face with tears streaming down it. His wand was outstretched, he was the one who cast the spell.

"GET AWAY FROM HER POTTER" Draco shrieked. An orange burst of light flew from his wand, his non verbal spell being cast towards Harry. He leant quickly in my direction, the spell missing him by not more than a centimetre. Harry looked at me with a frenzied fear before pointing his wand at me.

He flicked his wand to the side and with his charm, I was sent flying into one of the open bathroom stalls, my head colliding with the wall behind it. The sharp pain through my head knocked my thoughts out of place - I could hear constant bangs and yells from the two of them, each missed spell making a more aggressive sound than the last.

I rubbed my head, still dazed by the hit. Harry had thrown me out of the way of their duel that was still continuing. My mind was too foggy for me to realise what was happening. The deafening noises went on for a minute or so, them yelling inaudible phrases at each other as my thoughts began to collect.

The second my thoughts were back in place and I heard the noises they were both causing, I dashed as fast as I could out of the stall, almost slipping from the water on the floor- one of the missed spells had hit a tap and the floor was beginning to flood.

The two of them were still duelling, the noises coming from the other side of the large bathroom.

I ran as fast as my legs would carry me around the side of the row of stalls, bright flashes of light shining in my eyes and crashes filling my ears.