Twenty One - As You Wish

"I never had a chance to be soft. I was always bloody knuckles and shards of glass. I wanted people to be afraid of hurting me"

・゚: *・゚:*

I ran with Hermione close behind me as fast as my legs could take me. It was a ten minute walk to the astronomy tower with Snapes office being in the opposite side of the castle, but we managed to reach the corridor that led up to the astronomy tower in several minutes.

"What's the plan" Hermione asked worriedly.

"We don't have time to plan. Wait here."

"Are you serious?! I can't let you go up there, who knows what Draco is planning on"

"Exactly. And there is a less chance of you getting hurt if it's just me up there." I said to her. "Wait here. If you hear me getting hurt, get yourself away. Meet with Ron and find professor McGonagall."

"Helena I-"

"No. I doubt he will speak to me, you don't even have a chance."

"And how do you know there aren't others up there? How do you know he wasn't faking all that? How do you know it wasn't just an elaborate trap?"

"Well it's better me than you. Just stay here. Don't try and help me if it gets out of hand. Get yourself out," she looked at me with a conflicted expression. She nodded to me slightly. "Stay in the shadows."

...

I walked down the corridor on my way to the base of the stairs of the tower. I stepped as lightly as I could and ascended the stairs gripping onto the railings. There were two set of stairs, the first leading to under the floor of the tower and the other leading to the open space on top.

I had finished the first set of stairs when I heard two voices mumbling to each other. I couldn't make out a word of what they were saying but I certainly knew who's one of them was.

I suddenly felt the jab of a wand to the side of my neck making me breath in sharply. I turned my head to see Harry threatening me with his wand.

"Harry, I-" he raised a finger to his lips telling me to be quiet. He said in an almost inaudible whisper

"What is he doing?"

"Harry. I honestly don't know" I said through shaking breaths. "I'm not with him. I- I swear I didn't know," he looked at me with skepticism but he turned his head as we heard the loud sound of heavy footsteps at the base of the metal stairway.

He looked at me tormented before grabbing my wrist and pulling me harshly to underneath the tower. The grates in the floor above us allowed me to see up into the scene.

"How do you know what I am?" I heard the unmistakable voice yell. Draco had tears streaming down the side of his face but he was trying his best not to acknowledge them. "I've done things that would shock you," he had his arm outstretched clutching his wand pointed at Dumbledore. He had anger in his face that was shrouded by fear.

"Like cursing Katie Bell and in return hoping that she would bear a cursed necklace to me," a look of shock crept its way onto Draco's face. "Like replacing a bottle of mead with one laced with poison."