Sixty Seven - Wake Up

I wanted to shriek. I wanted to cry and scream and yell and bawl. I tried to. But you had silenced me, I'm sure you would have said for my own sake. The two of them had left before it wore off. Before I could run to you. Before I could shrill and cry.

...

...

...

...

...

I'm sure it's just a bad dream. All of this. This whole thing. I'm sure I will wake up so soon, back on the astronomy tower with you at Christmas. The life still in your eyes, the air still in your lungs, the beat still in your heart.

...

...

...

...

...

It was over. But I couldn't celebrate. I couldn't even bring myself to leave your side as they tried to pull me away. But I stayed there holding your face as if I could somehow transfer the warmth in my skin, the beat in my heart, the light behind my eyes to you.

...

...

...

...

...

I didn't even get chance to tell you "I love you too".

...

...

...

...

...

I turned the envelope in my hands. They had to drag me away in the end, I despised them as they tried to pull me away from you. I didn't see who they were. I just knew they were trying to keep me from you. I didn't accept it then and I still don't. And I somehow think that not accepting it will make it a lie. A horrible prank. I pierced the seal of the envelope.

...