Thirty Five - Every Page

"For you I'd bleed myself dry"

-Coldplay

...

"Here, I remember you said you liked it"

I had snuck back to the room of requirement after my detention with Professor McGonagal. She had me organise her paperwork with her for an hour and a half. The corridor was only a minute or so walk away from her office. I left the room hurriedly, making my way to the room of requirement. I had told Cass to cover for me and to tell the others that I had to stay for longer again as an extra hard punishment from Snape.

I saw Draco waiting for me, leant against the wall where the door appeared. As he saw me making my way to him, the door began to appear and was fully formed by the time I reached him.

He had handed me a small package when we entered the room. I unwrapped it to see that he had smuggled me a small slice of sponge cake - I had always said how I loved it when the kitchens made this cake every Friday. Of course now, we only had limited food and certainly no desert. Draco, the other prefects and the death eaters would of all been keeping the house elves in the kitchen working, hogging all the good food for themselves.

My mouth watered at the slice of cake I was holding. I looked at Draco who had clearly sneaked me a slice from the kitchens.

"Thank you so much, I'm starving" I said to him before taking a bite out of the cake. It was maybe the best thing I had ever tasted. We walked down the clearing in the middle of the room as I eagerly ate the slice. Draco laughed at me slightly as I eagerly ate every crumb I could get at.

"Hey don't judge me!" I said with a smile. "I haven't eaten properly in a month"

"I'm not don't worry. I could get you and the others some - the house elves seem to be on the good side and didn't care when I took that."

"Yeah the only thing is, where do I tell them I got it?" I questioned him.

"Oh yeah. Didn't think about that" he said looking at the floor.

I looked up at a rather large stack of drawers and chests that lay near the back of the room. It looked very sturdy and they were stacked at a slope.

"Reckon we could climb that?" I said with a grin on my face. There was a large window at the back of the room that I assumed to be enchanted so that the window didn't appear to be there from the outside.
Draco let out a small laugh.

"Probably" he said with a hint of sarcasm.

"Race you" I grinned.

I threw the wrappings off the sponge onto the floor and ran to the stack. I climbed up onto the first set of drawers that were only as high as my hip. I stood up onto them as I heard Draco come up to me.

"Helena you could fall" he said with a laugh but a hint of concern.

"Scared Malfoy?" I grinned at him placing my hands on my hips and looking down at him from where he was stood.

"Oh you're on" he smirked.

He clambered up into the first set of drawers as I scrambled to the next, holding onto the handles of the drawers so I didn't lose my balance. I clambered higher and higher up the stack, not very difficult due to the way they were stacked, it was more like ascending a set of extremely steep stairs.

Me and Draco laughed with each other as we both raced to try and get higher than the other. After no more than a minute, I reached the top of the stack, about 8 sets of the wooden drawers beneath me. I sat on the edge of the final set, my legs dangling off the edge looking at Draco who was still ascending the last few drawers.

"I win" I said with a laugh as he pulled himself up onto the final step. We were eye level with the top of the huge window in front of us, not far off being able to touch the ceiling. I could see the other piles of chairs and furniture that looked a lot more rickety than the tower we were sat on.

I stared out of the window as Draco sat next to me. I lay my head on his shoulder staring out across the black lake.

"Do you think things will ever be normal again?" I said after a few moments.

"Depends what you mean by normal" he replied.

"When we had a headteacher who wasn't faithful to the dark lord, when we could leave the castle, when we still had the feasts."

"Of course we will" I said looking at me assuringly. "I just don't know when"

I looked up at him. He leant down and placed a gentle kiss on my lips making me smile.

...

"You want to be an auror don't you?" Draco said to me after us being sat up in the tower for about half an hour or so, babbling on about nonsense.

"I guess so" I replied to him.

"You guess so?" He said to me with a questioning look.

"Well I mean, it's a good job isn't it? I'll be like my parents" I replied to him. He looked out of the window and leaned back onto his arms.

"What would you do if you could do anything?" He said. "Like you could choose where you live, what you do, all like that, what would you do?"

I thought about it for a few moments though I knew the answer.

"Well, I really want to travel the world. Not just like a little holiday here and there, I want to be able to live in a new country every month, you know? Do that for a while and then eventually pick somewhere to live. Somewhere secluded, not like a busy town or anything like that. Just a little house in the middle of nowhere with loads of forestry like that around my house. And as far as jobs go, I'm content being an auror but I would love to be a writer. Be able to write stories like the ones I read, writing about fantasy's for the muggles who don't get to use real magic-" I stopped when I noticed him staring at me. I let out a small laugh. "Sorry I'm waffling on-" I said.

"Don't be, I like hearing you waffle on" he said cheesily, the both of us smiling. "You should write your own story"

"Don't be silly, I don't know how to" I said to him.

"You can learn" he smiled. I looked at him and said

"Well maybe I will. One day."

"And I will read every page of it."

...