Sixty One - Run

I want to shine in your eyes
like the stars do"

-Bridget Devoue

...

I dodged the green spark that shot past me, shooting a stunning spell back at the man who had cast it, him falling to the ground unconscious.

The death eaters had invaded - after breaking down the enchantment, nothing could hold them back from unleashing their wrath upon Hogwarts.

The bodies of several students that had chosen to fight lay on the floor, the life being cast out of them by Voldemort's followers. We had ran from the bridge to find the battle already begun, my legs becoming unsteady at the sight of people that I had seen in the halls in my Hogwarts days lying dead.

I ran through the hall, shooting spells at anyone I saw that wasn't a student, teacher or member of the order. I saw George duelling with a death eater, struggling to fight him off and block the spells. I shot a spell into the back of the death eater, him shooting to the side before crashing into the stone wall and lying crumpled unconscious on the floor.

George looked at me to thank me, but I had no time to respond. I was too busy chasing the boy I had seen, his blonde hair catching my eye as he rounded the corner.

...

I turned around the corner, knowing where it was Draco Crabbe and Goyle were heading. As I looked down the corridor that held the room of requirement at the end, the etchings of the door just faded as I observed them.

I was beyond the realm of where the death eaters where but I knew it would only be a matter of time before they attacked here too.

I ran down the corridor stopping a few feet away from the wall. Crabbe and Goyle weren't like Draco - they were proud of the monsters they were. And I knew they must be after something or someone or else they would be joining Voldemort in the fight.

I closed my eyes and asked the room for permission to enter. Sure enough, when I opened my eyes the door was almost fully formed. I placed my hand on the handle. I was almost nervous to see this place after such a while.

I pulled the door open. I could hear the very faint noise of people speaking as I shut the door silently and I could make out Draco's voice, the other sounding like Harry.

I moved cautiously hiding myself behind the stacks of furniture and other random artefacts, just in case Crabbe or Goyle tried anything. Their voices got louder.

"Why didn't you tell her?" I heard Harry say.

I peered through the small gap in the pile of chairs in front of me - I was stood behind Harry, Draco Crabbe and Goyle stood down the pathway from him, each of them with their wands outstretched with Draco in the middle of them.

"Bellatrix" Harry continued. "You knew it was me. You didn't say anything."

Harry didn't have his wand outstretched and I could see it lying in his back pocket.

"Go on Draco" Goyle hissed. "Don't be a prat. Do it"

Draco kept his eyes fixed on Harry, I could tell he was stranded for what to do. I knew he didn't want to hurt Harry, but if he didn't Crabbe and Goyle wouldn't hesitate to inform the death eaters of his disloyalty.