Forty Eight - Just Us

"But when he loves me, I feel like I'm floating
When he calls me pretty, I feel like somebody
Even when we fade eventually, I'm nothing
You will always be my favorite form of loving"

- Beach Bunny

...

"Come on!"

I pulled him by the hand out of the front door.

"They said we can't leave the house"

"And since when do you care about the rules Malfoy?"I said with a smile placing my hands on my hips. I saw him smile faintly at me. "Come on they won't we back till at least midnight like they said!"

He looked back into the front room, looking around as if there was going to be someone there. As he turned to me, I could see a smirk plastered on his face. The kind he wore so often in fifth year, one that I hadn't seen since then.

He grabbed my hand. We walked out of the huge front doors, Draco casting a spell on the doors once they were closed to ensure no one could get through them. He had told me there was an enchantment on the house - anyone who came across it who wasn't expected to be there, if they were within a mile radius of the house they would remember something they needed to do urgently and run away from the house. He told me that his father had decided to do this spell after seeing it when we were in our fourth year at the quidditch World Cup so that no muggles would come across it.

And it was a good job we had it, because now I was convincing Draco to leave the house with me. So we could have a few hours to run through the woodlands together. To be able to spend some time with each other away from everyone. To be able to have that thrill of feeling like we were leaving everything behind without having to suffer through the consequences.

We ran as fast as our legs would take us, my hand grasping his as I pulled him with me. We had turned as we left the house, running down the side of it and eventually out the back, staring out over the stretch of grass that lay before the seemingly black forest surrounding the manor. We pulled each other along, running towards the shroud of the trees. The sky was clouded, looking as though it might rain soon. It had reached almost noon and the sky was dark from clouds, though the threat of the weather didn't stop us. The wind was blowing strongly pushing us forward as if it too wanted us to leave. We ran with grins on our faces as if we were dashing away from some sort of invisible threat chasing us into the woods.

We soon reached the trees, the thickness of the dark nature hiding the view of the Manor from our sight and surely keeping us from the view of anyone who may visit there. I put my hand on a tree as I caught my breath, Draco doing the same. We looked at each other with our reddened faces, bursting out into sudden laughter for no apparent reason. We laughed to make up for this times we should have been able to laugh with each other.

"Come on!" I urged him turning to go further into the forest. I could hear him walk behind me as I made my way further into the forest. We didn't have a plan - we just wanted to get out of that house.

...

"Be careful!" He said to me.

"Never"

We were a few minutes walk into the forest. I was walking along the thick branch of one of the trees I had clambered to the top of. It was a mere four feet off the floor but Draco still followed me underneath in case I fell. We had been out for two hours or so - the forestry was only the same trees over and over for miles, but we still loved it. We had only been sat with each other, speaking about the memories we had from our short lives. I had done it so many times before but I still found it amazing how long I could speak about nothing to him and still be throughly entertained.

We spoke about whatever we could think of, mostly times from school. Like the time me and Cass got detention for accidentally hitting McGonagal in the face with a snowball in our second year. And the time Draco was turned into a ferret by Moody in fourth year. He always wanted everyone to forget the incident had ever happened but now he laughed about it with me.

My thoughts were distracted with these memories as I walked along the tree and my foot slipped off the edge of it, my body falling sideways as I did. I let out a small yell as I fell, but I didn't hit the ground, for Draco being stood underneath me making sure that didn't happen. He caught me in his arms, me wrapping my arms around his torso as I did.

"Told you so" he laughed as he held me, his arms beneath my back and legs. I laughed with him.

"I'm fine" I smiled.

"Because of me!" He exclaimed with a laugh.

"Correct" I said smiling at him, our eyes locking. I leant down placing a kiss on his lips, unable to hide the smile that had tattooed itself onto my face.

...

"I wasn't joking you know"

"About what?" Draco replied.

"About leaving here. When all this is over" I said. We were lying next to each other on a small dry patch of grass, our hands holding each other as we stared at the intertwining branches and leaves around us almost blocking out the sky. "We could do it you know. Just leave here. Go somewhere where no one knows who we are. Find one of those little houses. I can write one of those books. Just us" His grip on my hand tightened.

"Just us"

"As soon as this whole thing is over. And our side has won. We can leave" I said. It sounded just like morning talk - lies people tell each other to get through the day. But I wasn't lying. I would give anything for that fairytale ending - where everything ends up just perfect.

"Promise?" He said. I turned my head to face him, him doing the same thing. He had no smile or look of imaginative story on his face. He looked just as serious as I was.

"Cross my heart"

...