Sixty Five - Sides

"Someday I'll make it out of here
Even if it takes all night or a hundred years"

-Billie Eilish

...

"Here dear" proffesor McGonagal said, handing me a cloth to wipe the blood from my face. I took it silently, neither my head or heart having the will to say anything.

I pressed the cloth against my skin, the stinging causing my eyes to water slightly. I sat on one of the many benches in the great hall - people had payed there respects to those dead. Their bodies had been removed from the hall leaving only the mourners.

Give me Harry Potter

Harry was no longer in the hall, nor Hermione or Ron. All we could do was wait. Wait for either Harry or Voldemort to show up. No one could do anything other than wait and it was driving us to insanity.

Cass, Blaise and Zack sat next to me. Eddie was sat with another student - his younger sister had her head rested on his shoulder as he tried to comfort her. It felt so immensely wrong to see the happy goofy character I knew Eddie to be act in such a way. I had seen him upset, but never this. It was the first time I had known him when he didn't have a joke or comment to lighten the mood. Though nothing could lighten this. As we waited in near silence, the half an hour flying by with the absence of any action, I started to pray that something actually did happen. Because after the action comes the end, what ever it is.

...

"You mean him? He's actually-"

"Helena come on" cass said dragging me.

She had received word from proffesor McGonagal. Approaching the castle were the army of death eaters that were only an hour ago attacking the school. And in front of them, leading them into battle was the dark lord himself.

The sun had begun to rise over the horizon, the cloud of dust that lingered in the air creating the feeling of fog. The so called army of our school stood together as one.

The group of the death eaters got closer by each second. The figure at the front of them becoming more apparent as he came forward, discarding bodies of giants and death eaters over the edge of the bridge to clear his path towards us. The students and teachers stood across the courtyard, lining the castle in a thick defence, though everyone knew it was no match for this army of killers.

The sight of him chilled me further than my bones. Emerging from the bridge, his army following him close behind, he raised his two arms out in a victorious stance. His skin was a pale flesh stretched out over a harsh skeleton, tinted grey. Two slits replaced his nose, the snake that slithered on the ground beside him bore a striking resemblance to him, his beady piercing eyes reflecting it further. He was draped in a black cloak, his wand held in his outstretched arms.

"Who is that" I heard a voice say from a fair distance away. I turned to see the girl I recognised as Ron's sister. "Hagrid's carrying, who is it?" She questioned her father. I turned towards Hagrid. As she had described, a boy lay in his arms. His head tossed backwards, arms dangling down and his circle glasses laying unsteadily on his face.

"Harry Potter" Voldemort jeered. "Is dead!"

I couldn't tel if the yell was mine, but the yell that Ginny let out may as well have been as it was exactly what I wanted to do. I wanted to scream out. In just a single night everything had been lost. And now the last hope had been too.