Nineteen - One of Them

"Behind every exquisite thing that existed, there was something tragic"

- Oscar Wilde

・゚: *・゚:*

We often ask if we are dreaming when we are presented with something that is seemingly too good to be true. Other times. we ask if we are dreaming when we are presented with something we don't want to accept as reality.

This was definitely the second option.

Just like that, with a simple glance at the mark of evil that was etched into his arm, all other feeling I had for him fell away. Any desire I had to be be with Draco remained no longer.

Despite the tiny amount of time we had been together, mere minutes ago I was certain I loved him. But how could I possibly now. I can't love a death eater- I can't love a monster.

...

I ran. I didn't have a destination other than anywhere away from him. I rushed through the common room, ignoring the yells from Cass who was sat in the common room with the others - I hadn't had an opportunity to tell them anything that had happened since I deserted them in the great hall.

The time had reached seven. The hallways that I ran down had a few speckled students who looked at me in confusion as I flew down the halls. I had to get to Harry - maybe he knew something I didn't. This must be the reason Draco was always drained. Something must be happening. I didn't know what and I wasn't sure Harry did either. But he was the best chance I had at figuring it out.

And I couldn't stay in the common room. Not knowing that there was a death eater lurking a few doors down.

...

"RON" I screamed out as I saw the red haired boy about to step into the common room. He looked at me in confusion as I ran to him. Hermione looked up at him with daggers in her eyes and jolted her head to the door wanting him to ignore me. But he told her to wait just as I reached him.

"What?" He said bluntly to me as I stopped in front  of him panting for breath - I hadn't stopped running since the common room. "Bloody hell what's-"

"You were right" I panted, a look of confusion in his face. "Draco. You were right". His eyes widened as he turned to Hermione, the same look of shock on her face.

"You mean- he's a-" Ron didn't finish his sentence due to the many students around us about to enter the Gryffindor common room. I nodded to him.

"And how are we to trust you? Your his little girlfriend" Hermione said snobbishly.

"Not any longer. You don't have a reason to. But why would I lie?" I looked up at her, my heart still racing. "Where is Harry?" I asked scanning the crowded corridor.

"We can't tell you that" Ron said.

"And I was forbidden to tell you!" I said, remembering what Snape had told me. How could Draco possibly be the one in danger? "But I told you. Just please, where is he?!" I asked frantically.

The two of them shared a look before Hermione turned to me.
"He's not here. He went- on a job with Dumbledore."

"Dumbledore isn't here?!" I felt a pit in my stomach. I was just about to rush to him after finding where Harry was.