Forty Five - Infatuated

"Meet me were the falling stars live
I will wait for you day and night"

- Alexandra Vasiliu

...

"Why the hell isn't Snape turning us in??" I frantically questioned Draco.

"I have no idea" he said. "But let's just pray he keeps it up."

"Draco something must be going on" I said to him. We were sealed in his bedroom once again, discussing why Snape had said such things about me when they were so obviously false. "I mean, showing a dislike for muggle borns? Exceeding in the dark arts? There is no way he can even say that as a mistake".

Snape was due to come down to the manor in two days, each Sunday as he always did. I dreaded what may come on that day - who was to say he wasn't lying until he saw me in person?

"Look, I don't know what's going on. But there isn't anything we can do. We simply have to wait until he comes down here. But you need to prepare to get out if he tries anything"

"And you?" I said to him with my arms folded. "What will you do if he knows we are lying?"

"That's not important" he replied.

"Draco, it's the most important thing! I can't leave you behind here while I run off back to Hogwarts. You said you didn't want to put me at risk, well I can't put you at risk either. If you stay, I stay."

He came over to me and sat on the bed next to me.

"Let's just-" he sighed. "Let's just forget about it for now. Look, it's inevitable that he is going to come here. So why don't we spend tonight trying to forget about it. You are safe- we are safe here. For now. Who knows what will happen tomorrow but-" he paused. "Let's just forget about it. Just for a few hours". He raised a hand and tucked a stray piece of hair behind my ear before placing his hand on my cheek. I leant into his hand, even though it was cold, him holding me still made me feel warm and safe despite everything that was happening. "Like on the astronomy tower. When I could forget everything for those few hours... let's do that again"

I smiled helplessly at him. He pulled in my cheek and kissed my lips gently.

I could tell that he was just as scared as I was. But I think we both felt the same way. All those weeks of not being with him, all the detentions, all the punishments and hardships, it was all worth it. Because I knew that I would be able to see him again soon. I had never fallen for a person like this before. I had had a few flings before, a boyfriend or two through the years. But never like this. I can't quite put it into words, but it all makes perfect sense in my head. Whenever we were together, no matter what was happening around us, he always made me feel safe. He filled me with a type of love that I had never quite experienced before. And I pray that he loved me back just as much.

Draco's POV
I hope she knows how infatuated I am with her. I don't believe I could put into words the way she makes me feel. She's just so- I can't think of any other word to describe her other than perfect. I loved every little detail about her, even the parts that she probably didn't notice herself. Like the way she always tucks her hair behind her ears when she reads. Or the way she picks at the tips of her fingers when she's nervous.

These weeks I have gone without her, they have been torture. And I have suffered through the torture curse at the hands of my father. I truly believe that those weeks were worse. I could bear the physical pain but the ache I felt being separated from her - she was truly the only person I had cared this much about. I had thought more than once about jumping through that cabinet, pulling her out of that school and running. I don't know where to, just anywhere away.

I wanted to take her to that little house she wanted. I wanted to take her on those adventures through the forests that she wanted to go on. I wanted to leave this bloody place and give her everything she wants, everything I can.

But I can't - I can't put her in that danger. I wouldn't care if it killed me, as long as it meant she was happy.

She was lay next to me, my arm wrapped around her holding her hand on my chest. She had dozed off, her face nestled into my side. I could feel her breath through my shirt against my skin. I guess, the one good thing now was that I could finally stay with her. I didn't have to slip away silently before she woke up, keeping us a secret.

I gently stroked her hair that was draped across my pillow. I closed my eyes, the peace I finally felt knowing that I had her in my arms and I could protect her making it easy for me to fall asleep quickly, something I hadn't been able to do ever since I left her. I had lay awake at night, my mind wandering to the worst places, imagining her being tortured by the Carrows, being punished by Snape. It tore me apart that I wasn't with her.

But at least now, no matter how much danger the both of us were in, I was with her. Holding her close to me, never wanting to let go.

...

Helena's POV

I woke up the following morning expecting to be alone, like the many times I had been before. But no, this time I still lay in bed with Draco. I smiled silently to myself, not wanting to wake him, because at least here, we didn't have to meet in secret.

I slowly got out of bed being careful not to wake up Draco as I did so. I checked the clock that was hung on the wall to see that it was 7:40. I wasn't quite sure when I had fallen asleep last night, only knowing that I was lying with Draco speaking about whatever we could think of.

I walked over to the door that I knew contained the bathroom - I washed my face since I didn't get chance to last night. I left the room to see that Draco was still lying asleep - I walked over to his bookshelf, I scanned the books to see which I could take out in to the balcony to read as I waited for Draco to wake up - though I knew it was safe, I wouldn't dream of going downstairs without Draco with me.

As I read each title of the books, I could hear two voices murmuring downstairs. I replaced the book I was looking at and slowly made my way over to the door being careful not to make my footsteps audible intrigued as to what was being discussed, fearing that yet another death eater had joined us in the house. I pressed my ear against the crack between the door and the frame, listening closely to try and make out the discussion.

I could tell they it was Draco's parents speaking but I couldn't make out what they were saying. I took a deep breath and lightly placed my hand on the handle. I twisted it as slowly as I could praying it wouldn't make a noise. The latch of the door opened, neither of them stopping speaking to my relief. I poked my head out of the door to listen, hidden by the way that the stairs that led down to the front room were built. From here, I could just make out what they were saying.

"Lucius are you sure? I mean, we already have the goblin and Ollivander down there"

"Narcissa, it's a dungeon not a hotel"

"No, I mean don't you think they will find a way out together?"

"It's a goblin, an old man and a little girl. What do you possibly think they could do?"

"It's just... imagine what he would do to us, all of us. If any of them escaped. We would be slaughtered Lucius!"

"Narcissa we shall be slaughtered if we refuse! Three fools without wands will not be able to escape"

"Well if you are certain."

"I am. They shall be here in but a few minutes"

I suddenly felt a hand pull sharply on my arm, ripping me into the room. I stumbled into the room as I saw Draco silently shutting the door.

...