Sixty Six - Blank

"I will look for you in every lifetime,
until we finally stay"

- butterflies rising

...

"CONFRINGO"

Harry's spell was aimed at the snake, the outburst of fire that emerged from it landing in the centre of it, though the snake didn't even seem to be affected by it. The spell was instead redirected to the army of death eaters who stood behind Voldemort, a large portion of them falling to the ground, I couldn't tell if they were unconscious or dead.

The gasps of the crowd grew loud in amazement and gratefulness. But gasps also came from the other side of the army. Gasps of shock - wondering how such a powerful wizard was time and time again outsmarted and beaten by this boy, Harry Potter. But they didn't want to know. In acceptance of their defeat, many took flight, encasing themselves in their dark smoke and shooting upwards disappearing.

I looked up to Draco and he looked back at me, the crowd running wild around us.

"Forever and longer?" I said to him, the words from his letter ringing in my head.

"I promise" he said.

A shriek from Voldemort was let out. We turned to face him and stumbled backwards, our hands still intertwined. He shot spell after spell towards Harry, each one causing an explosion that crumbled another part of the walkway that he ran down, Harry dodging them with only little space to spare. The yells of rage that Voldemort let out grew as Harry ran from him, the last explosion catching fire to the wooden planks of what were once window frames on the floor catching fire.

I turned around, Hermione and Ron holding onto each other, a look of almost excitement on their faces that their closest friend wasn't dead - not at all. In fact, he had made his way around back to the entrance to the castle while Voldemort was looking towards his death eaters that were abandoning him, those who stayed apprehensive to continue with the battle.

"I'll lure him into the castle" Harry said to Hermione and Ron. "We have to kill the snake" I turned to Draco.

"We'll guard the great hall" I said - the image of the children who were congregating in there, too afraid to face the dark lord, being attacked helplessly by the death eaters. It seemed that many others had the same idea as we ran to the great hall and saw an influx of the remaining order members, students and teachers flocking there to protect those in there.

We had mere moments in the great hall to alert those in there of the situation before the hall was ambushed. The remaining death eaters flooded into the hall, all shooting spells that were no doubt intended to kill at anyone they saw that wasn't on their side. The young students desperately attempted to hide behind benches, escape through the door at the other end of the hall and shattered windows. The rest of us fought them the best we could.

"PETRIFICUS TOTALUS!" I yelled at the death eater who had his wand raised pointed towards me about to utter the killing curse towards me. His body became stiff as my spell impacted him - he fell forwards and remained frozen.

I ducked viscously in attempt to dodge the green flash of light that was directed towards me. It touched the very ends of my hair as I ducked, them frying and sizzling.

"STUPEFY" I thankfully heard Draco yell, me not having time to raise my wand before he shot another spell towards me. The death eater who had cast the spell towards me flew backwards, crashing into the wall that stood outside of the great hall down the corridor.