Forty Three - Marks

"Call me stupid call me sad
Your the best I've ever had
And your the worst I've ever had
And that keeps fucking with my head"

-11 minutes, Yungblud/Halsey

...

The knot in my throat made it almost impossible for me to swallow the spoonfuls of soup I was eating that the house elves had made me. I was sat in the dining hall of the Manor, Draco sat next to me and his mother and aunt across from us. It all seemed horribly casual, being in a room with such evil people and eating in front of them as if they were friends.

Dracos mother had told me that she would write to Snape asking him to bring my trunk of clothes from my dorm when he visited this Sunday in two days. I had to wait in the dark, praying that he believed the story. She had said she would introduce me to the dark lord when he visited the Manor, whenever that may be. She seemed to fully trust Draco in what he said. Bellatrix seemed a little apprehensive, twirling her wand in her hand as she watched me eat.

I was sat in a pair of sweatpants that belonged to Draco and a large plain black t shirt. The clothes were large on me but they would have to do until I got my trunk.

"Thank you for the food Mrs Malfoy" I said to her as I finished the bowl, Draco holding my other hand under the table. I could feel Bellatrix' eyes burning into the side of my head as I spoke to Draco's mother. Her presence still made me shiver in fear at how casual it was.

"Your welcome dear" she said with the faint etching of a smile on her face until Bellatrix glared at her making her expression return to a blank one.

I cleared my throat slightly, laying down my spoon on the table next to me.

"So I was wondering" I said in the sternest voice I could muster. "Is there anything I can do to assist you in your plans to find Potter?" Draco looked at me hesitant on wether to tell me to stop or not.

"Well, do you know where the boy and his filthy little friends are?" Bellatrix hissed at me, leaning over the table slightly. I could tell she was hesitant to believe our story - I had to persuade her.

"I don't, no. We weren't speaking for a month or so before Dumbledores death. Congratulations, by the way." My throat felt as if it were tightening, cursing me for saying those words. But I needed to keep it up if I were to persuade Bellatrix.

"I'm sure Draco has now told you how we accomplished it" his mother said.

"Yes Draco. Spilling our secrets to someone who was recently on the mudblood side I see" Bellatrix spat.

"I can assure you, he never told me of his plans, or that he was even a death eater. Not until after the plan was executed" I lied, desperately trying to excuse and protect Draco. "I obviously knew he was a death eater when professor Snape took over. But over the months, he has turned me. And showed me what a filthy blood traitor my friends are" I said with venom speaking of my friends who, like me, freely conversed with muggleborns and muggles.

"Well then. I believe you could prove most useful, another Draco's age helping us." His mother added.

"I cannot wait Mrs Malfoy" I replied to her.

"Please, call me Narcissa". I glanced at Draco who seemed to be averting my gaze before turning back to her.

"Well Narcissa" I said. "Thank you again for the food."