Fifty - Poetry

"She was poetry in a world that was still
learning the alphabet "

...

23rd of May. 39 days

"No surely something is happening Draco. There is no way he believes me."

"No matter what happens, he hasn't told them clearly. Your safe"

"No. That's the thing. He hasn't told them. Why the hell hasn't he told them? Surely he must be doing something."

"I don't know."

"And we can't ask him. Just in case for some deranged reason he believes us, he will know if we question him."

"He leaves tomorrow at around noon. We just have to make sure nothing happens till then."

"Surely it can't be safe. He's only a few doors down from your room, he could come in here at any moment"

"Just- look I don't know what to tell you. But all we can do is wait."

...

24th of May. 38 days.

"He's gone now. He hasn't said anything - we would know"

"But Draco, it still doesn't explain anything. He should have told them that I'm lying. I refuse to believe that he believes me."

"I know. Me neither. But he's gone now."

"But he will be back next week."

"And he will probably act like he did then. Helena, he would have told. Why would he tell them next week and not this week? Look, I know how scary this is. But if he was going to say something he would of done. I have no idea what going on. But there is no way to find out"

...

30th of May. 32 days.

They drop in from time to time - but it's all the same. Wether it's Bellatrix, Snape, Greyback. They have all been told the same. It still terrified me that there could be something more sinister going on with Snape - that he had some sort of plan for me. But I couldn't fathom why he hadn't executed it yet.

If I spoke to anyone other then Draco, it was brief. A mere "hello. Is there anything I can do to assist the dark lord? No, ok. Please tell me if there is I'm eager to help" always with Draco assisting me.

We spent the majority of our days in his room. The balcony there we often sat on, speaking the days away, trying to block it from our minds what was happening in the very house we were staying in. There was no sign of you know who wanting to stay in the manor to the relief of both of us. We were not left alone in the house again, Narcissa staying behind while Lucius was made to go on missions. Wormtail also.

It was rare I left Draco's room other than for eating. He was more than once called by his father, him asking him persistently if he had any idea where Harry was based on what he had heard from his time in school. He truthfully said he had no idea, though it didn't stop Lucius persistently questioning him expecting a varying answer.