Twenty Three - Parent Or Guardian

"No one told me that grief felt so much like fear"
-CS Lewis

・゚: *・゚:*  

"To the parent or guardian                     5th January
of Helena Wright.

We regrettably inform you that the long serving headmaster of Hogwarts, Professor Albus Dumbledore has passed away during the end of the Christmas holidays.

This letter is concerning the following education of your child, while the school collectively mourns the loss of such a wonderful head teacher, the primary purpose of Hogwarts is to educate our future witches and wizards. We are informing you that the position of headteacher will be taken by Professor Minerva McGonagall, former deputy head mistress.

We hope this letter finds you well and we assure you that the future of your child's education is secure.

All the best wishes,

Headmistress, Minerva Mcgonagall. "

...

"The trio haven't come back. Harry Ron and Hermione. And I can only assume they don't plan on it" I said.

"At least its McGonagall. Where do you reckon Snape is?" Zack said.

"I don't know but I'm sure he will be back. And when he is I'm sure no one will believe us" I said. "I mean who would? They aren't going to believe that one of Dumbledore's closest friends was his murderer"

"Let's just pray he doesn't come back for a while" said Blaize. "This might sting a bit."

I hissed in pain as Blaize poured the potion onto my face. The potion sizzled harshly, but I was relieved as I saw in the compact I was holding that the gash in my face slowly knitted itself back together, the blood slowly evaporating. I got up from lying on my side.

"Thank you."

"Anytime."

...

"To the parent or guardian                   17th January
of Helena Wright

Due to recent events, this letter is to inform you that the label of head master will be given to Professor Severus Snape. No changes to your child's education shall be made.

Best wishes,

Headmaster, Severus Snape"

...

"They won't let us send home owls. Every letter has to be read through before it's given. That goes for letters given and received" Eddie said.

"It doesn't surprise me. Are you ok Ed? The Carrows must of given you a rough time." Said Cass.

"I am now. They only crucio'd me for a few minutes, said they have other things to do. How the hell are they getting away with this? Surely the ministry knows something"

"The ministry has been infiltrated. You know who is running everything at this point. Just like the school" I said.

...

"Please speak to me. I'm begging you. I need to explain"

...

I ripped up the piece of paper that he had handed  me in defence against the dark arts. I put the remains of it in my pocket. He had been trying to speak to me for weeks. I don't understand why he can't get it into his head that I hate him. Who wouldn't hate such a person? I never spoke to him in lessons. If he approached me in the halls I would immediately run away from him. He no longer had a dorm in the common room, the other death eaters who were running the school gave him his own dorm room separate from the common rooms. I knew that if I spoke to him, I would end up either killing him or bawling. I hated that this was who he was. The little good I saw in him couldn't mean anything now. Not now that he was a servant to the dark lord. No amount of good could fix that.

...

"Dear Helena.

We hope you are enjoying your school year dear. With everything going on, at least you have your school and your friends. We have sent you some of grandmas cookies she made. Without magic like always. Straight from the heart she says.

We all miss you terribly. We understand you must be having a rough time now with everything going on, but please write back to us dear. We would love to hear from you, especially in times like these.

We love and miss you so much!

Lots of love,

Mother, father, grandma and grandad xx"

...

"Helena don't cry, it's not your fault. You can't help it" Cass said wrapping her arms around me.

"But I want to write to them so desperately. But every time I try and send a letter they won't let me. I just want to talk to them again. I want to get out of this wretched place!"

I broke down crying, my head on Cass' shoulder. My parents thought that I was ignoring them, but the reason they weren't getting letters from me is because the death eater Snape had put in charge of mail would read through my letter and deem it unfit to be sent and often tear it apart in front of me.

"They haven't even let me have the damn biscuits" I cried. My grandma often made cookies when we were at home. Her parents, or my great grandparents, were muggles and had taught my grandma how to make them. Ever since they died, my grandma never made them using magic and made them the muggle way instead. They always tasted so much better than any made with magic. I wanted them so badly, not only because of the lack of food we were being served, but I wanted so desperately just a tiny taste of home.

...

"Helena.

The others don't know that I am writing this. I swear to you.

I am so sorry. I can't put into words how disgusted I am with myself. But you must believe. I didn't have a say. It was this or my life.

I'm begging you, believe me. Please.

Wait for me at the doors of the common room at eight tomorrow. I will explain everything to you I swear. You don't have to forgive me. But I need you to believe me.

You don't need to speak to me ever again if that isn't what you want. But please. Tomorrow

Draco"

...