Twelve - Never Mind That

"Oh baby I am a wreck when I'm without you, I need you here to stay..."
-Ricky Montgomery

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

My head was slightly foggy and I didn't quite feel like I was in control of my own body. I rushed as fast as my legs would carry me down the staircase. I still refused to accept what just happened.

"Where is he?" Cass and the others had their present in their hands.

"Oh, he um- he says he is busy". The words formed in my mouth, though my mind wasn't focusing on them.

"It doesn't matter anymore, I'm here". FUCK.

I turned to see that he was following close behind me on the stairs and now remained at the bottom of them, looking at me as I made my way to the others.

"Merry Christmas Draco!" The four of them stood up and rushed other to him to hug him. I stood frozen, watching him hug each of them slightly. He didn't take his eyes off me.

I didn't know what to do. Surely I couldn't act as if nothing had happened. It was stupid and there were so many other things I could of done. But I wasn't thinking properly. I turned away from his stare and walked swiftly to the common room entrance.

"Oi where are you going?" Eddie yelled after me. I didn't turn to face him or stop walking. I simply yelled back,

"Bathroom". What the hell was I thinking?? I had my own bathroom in my dorm along with the one in the common room. It was too late to come up with another excuse. I quickened my pace and left the room.

...

"Hey, Helena!"  The voice of Ron Weasley yelled out to me as I was walking through the halls. I had no particular direction to follow, I just needed to think.

"Oh, um, hi Ron." I said, pausing in my tracks. He jogged slightly up to me, leaving Harry and Hermione behind. It seemed that they had just finished their gift exchanges too, as each of them were wearing a new sweater that had the first initial of their name on it. I assumed they were going to the great hall for breakfast.
"Sorry Ron I just need to-" I said to him, turning slightly showing him that I wanted to leave.
"I won't keep you" he interrupted. "Fred asked me to give you this." And he held out a small parcel with a letter attached to it.

It was a tradition of ours now to go down to hogsmeade every Saturday, and we always made sure to pay a visit to Zonko's. Every few times I went, I would get pulled to the side by Fred and we would have a short conversation while the others shopped. He always went in a Saturday every few weeks so I never went more than a month without seeing him.

He had often times complimented me, or made small actions such as giving me the odd sweet he had bought. At first I though they were traps, laced with potions as a fun prank. But they never were. I had suspected his liking for me for several weeks now, but Ron had confirmed it to me. I was touched by the way that he had bought me a Christmas gift.

"Ron, I feel awful. I haven't gotten him anything" I said while clutching the letter and parcel.

"He told me to tell you that he doesn't expect him anything in return." He responded. "He really likes you you know." I felt a sting of shame with his words. Don't get me wrong, he was a very attractive boy. And excessively charming. But I wasn't sure I liked him in that way. Had I led him on?

I mean, I thought that I might have feelings for him a few weeks back. But they had slowly begun to fade. I wasn't sure why. I guess I was just occupied with- I pushed thoughts of Draco to the back of my mind.