Twenty Nine - Liar

"Secrets I have held in my
heart are harder to hide
than I thought"

-Artic Monkeys

・゚: *・゚:*

The two boys didn't release their grip on me all the way to Snape's office. I tried my best to break free from their hold but they only tightened it the more I struggled. I had eventually given up on trying to release myself as they pulled me up the stairs of the tower to Snape's office. He had moved into the office that once belonged to Dumbledore, the Griffin statue twisted as the stairs beneath it emerged from the ground.

Crabbe knocked on the door of his office and it opened to reveal Snape sat at the desk that lay in the room, his wand in his hand that he had used to open the door.

"This ones been resisting orders from prefects, Professor." Crabbe said, pulling me forward slightly buy the arm.

"She was also in trouble with Professor Carrow the other day. Thought she needed a talking to sir" Goyle added with a smug grin on his face.

Snape looked me up and down with one eyebrow raised. I fixed a glare upon him.

"Release her" he said to them. They let go of my robes and arms causing me to stumble forward slightly into the office. With my arms finally free, I used my sleeve to put pressure on my eye and try to stop the throbbing and bleeding. The two boys stood outside of the doorway.

"Find Malfoy. Send him here and then return to the common room" Snape said to the boys before casting a spell with his wand to make the door slam behind me leaving only me and him in the room.

"Why the hell do you want him?" I spat at him.

"That is no concern of yours. Take a seat" he said to me, gesturing towards the empty wooden chair that lay in front of his desk.

"I will do nothing of the sort" I spat at him still stood at the door.

He stood up from his desk and placed his hands on them leaning on it.

"Miss Wright I can assure you that if this were any other situation you would of been sent straight to the Carrows. And I'm sure you know what happens when they are in charge of punishment. But thankfully for you, I have other things to discuss with you. So. Unless you wish to take a trip to the Carrows, I suggest you sit down."

I kept my glare fixed upon him.

"I would rather go to the Carrows than take orders from the man who murdered Dumbledore!" I yelled at him.

He looked at me with a slight look of shock on his face.

"Was it Malfoy? Who told you?" He said.

"He didn't need to, I saw it for myself." I said to him. I felt for my wand in my pocket but remembered how I had had it taken away from me.

Snape walked around his desk to stand in front of him. I glared at him in fury keeping my feet glued to the floor.

"And how is it that you saw it" he said to me.

"It's irrelevant. I know you murdered him"  he took a few steps towards the door where I was stood.

"Miss Wright. I distinctly remember telling you that there are many things that you do not understand."