Forty Two - Easy

"I dream of you almost every night
Hopefully, I won't wake up this time"

-Freaks, Surf Curse

...

"Stupefy!"

In a flash of green light, I was sent flying across the length of the room, crashing down onto the wooden set of drawers that lay next to the bed in the centre of the room. I could hear Draco screaming out for the caster of the curse to stop. Before I had enough chance to gather my thoughts, I felt someone grab onto the front of my shirt, scrunching it in their hand and they hoisted me upwards. My eyes met those of Bellatrix, her wand jabbed into the side of my throat and her face mere inches away from mine.

"SHE'S ON OUR SIDE" I heard Draco yell out. Bellatrix whipped her head around to face Draco, I could see the figure of what I assumed to be Draco's mother stood in the doorway.

"Then why is she sneaking through the cabinet then? Hm?" She shrieked.

"I only expected her to come tonight, I was going to inform you over dinner that she will be coming but she ended up coming early. She is my girlfriend and she wishes to join us"

I looked towards Draco, impressed and thankful for the way he was able to lie so quickly. Bellatrix had me pulled up onto my toes, still hoisting me up and her wand jabbed into my throat.

"I'm Helena Wright" I said trying to mask the fear in my voice. She stared suspiciously into my eyes.

"Please, let her down" Draco pleaded with her. She scowled down at me before releasing my shirt, pulling her wand away but still having it pointed towards me.

"And tell me missy" she hissed. "Why do you supposedly want to join us? Draco has never mentioned you before." I swallowed silently.

"Because I used to be on the side of Potter". Her eyes opened wide with hatred as I said his name. "But Draco has changed me. I wish to join the side of the dark lord."

Bellatrix eyed me up and down. She glanced at Draco who gave her a gentle nod. I glanced at Draco, trying desperately to hide the terror that was rising in me.

"So. How long have you two been together?" Dracos mother added stepping into the room.

"We have known each other since fifth year. But we haven't been friendly until the beginning of sixth year" I said truthfully to them.

"When she found out I was a death eater, she didn't want anything to do with me" Draco added putting on the bravest voice he could. He was clearly trying to make up a story that Snape would believe. "But over the past few months, her mind has been changed."

"I am a pureblood. I have never really thought about blood purity until now. And now that Draco has- let's say he informed me of all the teachings he was taught, he persuaded me."

Draco's mother looked at me suspiciously.

"Why has it taken you until now to come here?" She questioned. Me and Draco looked at each other, our minds racing as for what to say.

"She was hesitant at first. But we have been writing to each other through the cabinet. And now, she is eager to join us." He said.