Fifty Two - No matter what

"In all the world, there is no
heart for me like yours.
In all the world, there is no
love for you like mine"

-Maya Angelou

...

She pinned Hermione to the floor. She was lying over her, pressing her into the ground harshly, Hermione whimpering in pain every so often.

"How did you get in my vault?!" She hissed at her. I was stood directly next to Draco, clasping his hand tightly behind our bodies.

"I- I swear we didn't. I-I-"

"CRUCIO!"

With Bellatrix's spell, Hermione began to shake. She let out an ear piercing shriek, writhing in agony beneath Bellatrix as she cackled at her. She shrieked continuously. I screwed my eyes shut - the sound of her being tortured rang through my ears and scarred my mind. I couldn't bear to look at her desperately writhing on the floor. Even when her screams subsided along with her curse, I could swear that her shrieks lingered in my ears, rattling around inside my head.

"Tell me!" Bellatrix shrieked. Hermione had tears streaming down the side of her face, her legs still shaking from the pain. Bellatrix leant down closer to her. "That sword is meant to be in my vault at gringotts. HOW DID YOU GET IT?!" She yelled. Hermione was crying out, whimpering and sobbing beneath her.

"I didn't take anything!" She sobbed. "I didn't
take-"

"HOW DO YOU HAVE IT?" She screamed. Hermione let out another cry.

"It presented itself! Please we didn't take anything!"

"I don't believe it" she whispered. Bellatrix leant her face down to her arm. She let out another drawn out ear piercing shriek, squirming desperately in pain.

She lay still mere moments later. Bellatrix stood up and wiped blood from her mouth - I looked down at Hermione still body to see the word "mudblood" carved into her flesh, a drop of blood pouring from it.

"GET THE GOBLIN!" She shrieked towards Wormtail who was stood at the top of the staircase that led to the dungeons. He immediately stumbled backwards in terror, nearly falling down a few of the steps before almost running down them.

Narcissa and Lucius hurried over to Bellatrix who was stood at the side of the room where the dungeon stairs where. I stayed rooted to the ground and so did Draco - I don't believe I could of moved if I wanted to. Hermione pale body lay still on the ground, her screams still whispering in my ears. I couldn't bear to look at her - I knew she wasn't dead but the illusion that she was was enough to almost knock me over with nausea.

"FILTHY MUDBLOOD!" Bellatrix shrieked towards Hermiones body. She turned to face Draco's parents and yelled to them, questioning why the sword wasn't in her vault. I couldn't fathom why the sword was so incredibly important.

"You need to get to the cabinet". His voice was under a whisper but I heard him still.

"No" I said back to him, quieter even than him. I refused to leave him. Not here.

"Helena if you love me do as I say. Please" I stole a glance towards him, him returning me with one.

"I do."