Thirty Three - You Of Course

"There is always a glimmer in those who have been through the dark"

-Atticus

...

"The homework is due Monday, you are dismissed" said the dreary voice of professor Slughorn. Though I disliked him, potions were still one of my favourite lessons as it was one of the few that were taught by regular professors and not workers of Snape.

It was my last lesson that Friday and I had just been dismissed. I would usually be glad of this if it weren't for the fact that weekends were now spent in the common room with nothing to do, only being allowed out to go to the great hall for our food. I terribly missed going to hogsmeade with my friends, but trips out of the castle had been strictly prohibited. Well, anywhere outside our classrooms, the great hall and the common rooms were prohibited. Besides, the death eaters that resided in the castles could go down to hogsmeade any time they pleased and a Hogsmeade polluted with death eaters isn't a Hogsmeade I wanted to visit.

I thanked professor Slughorn on my way out of the door. I was mere steps out of the classroom when I saw Draco stood in the hallway waiting for me. I wanted to go to him but I couldn't - I couldn't risk being under the peering eyes of Snape. I looked at him silently asking him what he wanted me to do. He jolted his head slightly indicating for me to follow him.

He turned away and began to walk down the corridor. I followed the direction he was walking in but I kept my distance enough so that it didn't look like I was following him. I had left the classroom hurriedly so the others wouldn't see me with him.

He walked down the corridors past large groups of silent people, looking back to me a few times to make sure that I was still there.

My heart dropped when I saw Snape round the corner. He had told me how I was forbidden to speak to Draco. I quickly stopped in my tracks and stood against a wall, opening the potions book in my hands and pretending to read it. I almost held my breath as he walked past me, hoping he didn't realise that I was following Draco. I could see him look at me out of the corner of my eye but to my relief he simply passed me by and didn't stop, only yelling a "get to your common rooms" addressed to the whole corridor viscously making them immediately move in the direction of their common rooms.

I watched out of the corner of my eye as he walked around the corner out of view, his figure shrouded slightly by the commotion of students. I whipped my head around and saw Draco casually looking in my direction. When he caught my attention he began to walk again. I didn't know where he was planning to take me and I had to be back at the common room for 4 before we were led to the hall to eat.

He continued walking for a few minutes, me not far behind him. He turned down a deserted corridor, one that wasn't often filled with people since it was a dead end corridor that only had a few supply closets in it. When we turned down the corridor, Draco stood in front of a large open space on the wall and faced me.

I quickly sped up and walked to him, checking behind me a few times to make sure there was no one watching us. I saw him smile lightly as I came up to him.

Just as I was about to speak to him, he turned to face the large empty wall and closed his eyes, looking as if he was trying hard to concentrate on something. I was about to ask what he was doing when I saw a brown swirling pattern start to materialise onto the wall. The swirls spread across the wall revealing the shape of a large wooden door. I looked around to make sure no one was around us and looked at the door with my mouth slightly open.