Forty One - Silent

"But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there"

...

My mind flooded with thoughts of the worst. I kept imagining in my head that he was laying lifeless on the floor, or buried in a ditch somewhere after the dark lord saw through his facade of being on his side. Though it was only one of the many possibilities as to why he wasn't writing back to me, it was still a realistic one. And that thought scared me enough to make me know I had to go through with this.

I looked up at the tall cabinet, the doors of the room of requirement sealed behind me. I had my wand clutched firmly in my hand, still wearing my school shirt and black pleated skirt that I wore under my robes - I had taken them off and cast them aside. I knew this was a foolish idea, but I wouldn't be able to live with myself if he needed me and I waited in the castle, to afraid to face the dark lord.

I stepped inside of the cabinet after taking a deep breath. I closed the door behind me, leaving me standing in the pitch black of the cabinet. I screwed my eyes shut.

"Harmonia Nectere Passus" I muttered quietly. I heard a very faint sound much like a gust of wind that lasted no longer than a moment. I stood for a few moments, gathering the courage to open the door. I placed my hand on the wooden door and pushed it open ever so slightly revealing a slither of light that shone on my face. I listened intently to see if I could hear any signs of their being someone in the room. I heard nothing.

I opened the door fully to reveal the room the cabinet stood in. It was about the size of the bedroom I had at home, only it was much more lavishly decorated. As the sunlight from the two long windows in the wall shone into the cabinet, I saw pieces of parchment laying on the floor of the cabinet that weren't there when I entered the cabinet. I observed them to see that they were letters written in my own handwriting.

I stepped out of the cabinet as quietly as I could. There was a bed that lay in the corner of the room with black bedding. The walls were made out of a grey stone, a black eccentric light shade dangling from the ceiling. there were two windows, tall thin black candles lined along the windowsill. There was a desk in the corner littered with papers.

The room was indeed empty as I had prayed. I slowly walked over to the desk that had papers strewn over it. I picked up one of the pieces of paper, but I almost jumped out of my skin as I heard the sound of the tall candle that was lay on the desk falling onto the floor crashing as it did, the consequences of my accidentally knocking it over with my hand.

I silently cursed myself. To my horror, I heard the faint noise of voices from somewhere else in the house. I couldn't make out what they were saying, but I dashed across the room to hide myself in the cabinet as I heard quick footsteps approaching. I closed the door to the cabinet mere seconds before I heard the door to the room be pulled open.

I held my breath desperately, my legs shaking beneath me. My heart beat faster than it ever had before, knowing that the door to the cabinet was inevitably going to open, revealing me to whichever death eater stood in the room.

I heard the footsteps approaching the cabinet. I pressed myself up against the side of it, knowing it would make no difference if they opened the door. I closed my eyes in dreaded anticipation as the footsteps stopped. I could sense the light from the room being cast upon the cabinet. I still screwed my eyes shut as if that would make whoever it was stood there disappear.

I felt a hand wrap around my wrist and pull me harshly out of the cabinet. I opened my eyes as I stumbled out of the cabinet and before I had chance to speak, Draco placed his hand over my mouth to prevent me. He didn't say a word but pulled me by my wrist out or the room, me not daring to say a word, but wanting to scream out my relief to see that he was alright.

Draco pulled me harshly a few doors down the hall we were stood in. He opened one of the doors and pulled me inside. He shut the door quietly and cast a spell on it that I can assume was a soundproofing spell.

"What the hell were you thinking?!" He almost yelled at me. "If I don't reply to you, you don't come looking for me do you understand? If you think I'm in trouble you don't come to help me. If you think I'm dead, then you don't come here! No matter
wha-"

I threw my arms around his neck, pulling him down to me. I buried my face into his shoulder holding him as tight as I could. I pulled him as close as I could, trying to make up for those two long months I hadn't seen him. He hesitated at first, but after a few moments he wrapped his arms around me just as tightly pulling me up onto my toes as he held me tightly.

"I'm sorry" he whispered to me.

"Draco I thought you were- I thought" I stuttered. He pulled away from me cupping my cheek and looking me in the eyes.

"I couldn't write. Greyback has been staying in there. Your lucky, he had just left the minute that you came. I was going to run straight up I promise you. Helena why? Why did you come here?"

"Because I thought you were hurt Draco! Or worse dead" I said to him. We looked each other in the eyes for a few moments. I pulled him down hard on the back of his neck, crashing his lips onto mine. I kissed him like I hadn't in years, that's what it truly felt like. He kissed me back, raking his hands through my hair. "I missed you so much"

"I missed you more. I love you so much"

"I love you more". I pulled him back down to me, never wanting to stop kissing him. Wanting to stay in that moment forever. "Is he here?"

"No. But he will be. You need to go."

"Draco I would rather face him than go that long not seeing you again"

"Helena no. I won't let you. I can't let you put yourself in that much danger for me. Besides, you can't live in my wardrobe" he said.

"Tell them I'm on your side." I pleaded with him.

"No. It's too dangerous. Besides, they would never believe you"

"Why not? They still think that you are on their side. Why would you be with me if I wasn't too?"

"Snape knows Helena."

"I haven't spoken to him in months. Who's to say I couldn't of changed sides?"

"Even if it did work, I can't put you at that risk."

As he finished his sentence, the door opened. Behind it was stood the figure of the woman who I had seen on wanted posters ever since she escaped Azkaban in my fifth year, one of the most well known death eaters there is,

Bellatrix Lestrange, looking at me and Draco holding each other.

...