4.3

Louis was laying in his bed, staring at the ceiling. He felt alone, closing his eyes. His show was that night and he was beyond nervous, knowing he had to be in the theater within two hours, and having had no sleep. It's been nearly a week since he and Harry broke up and he has been very sad, but trying to take Harry's advice and spend his time alone.

He yawned and rolled over to check his phone for messages, seeing that Jade had texted him, and the poor girl was an absolute mess for the show. She was the lead, after all, but she was amazing and Louis was confident that she had it.

He heard someone knock on the door and he frowned, hesitating before going to get the door. It was Anne's house and she was rarely home, and Harry had been staying somewhere else, so Louis wasn't so sure if he should open the door. However, when he peeped through the little peephole, he nearly had a panic attack, opening the door to properly see his mother.

The two embraced immediately, Louis feeling the tears Falling quickly. "Mum," he whimpered, holding tightly onto her. "Oh my god. What are you doing here!?"

"Well.. it's the day of your big show," jay said with a soft smile. "And I won't be able to make your graduation, I have a big meeting in Milan that week... but I felt like this was next best."

Louis let go of his mother, breathing out. "Wow. Yes, yes this is... wow, I cannot believe you're here! How did you know where to find me?"

Jay gave a look of confusion. "I spoke to Harry, of course. Your aunt helped me get in contact with him.."

"Oh," Louis breathed. Harry did this? It made Louis's eyes water. "He told you to come?"

"Yes, said this was a very big deal to you, as I can tell. Is he here? I'd love to meet him, but he mentioned he may be busy."

"Yeah. I mean - no. Yes, he's busy. No, he's not here," Louis babbled, feeling heated. He let Jay in, helping her with her things. "You're staying the night?" He asked, noticing her nice suitcase that she used for trips.

"Yeah, just tonight. I'll fly back home in the morning," she explained. "Harry said I could stay in your room and you could stay in his. He really didn't tell you any of this?"

"No," Louis breathed.

"Wow. He must've really wanted to surprise you. How sweet."

Louis was honestly confused by the whole thing. Should he tell his mother they broke up? Why didn't Harry tell her?

"When did you speak to him last?" Louis questioned slowly.

"Oh, just last night," she said as she followed Louis up to his room. "I was going to stay in a hotel but he insisted me to come here and spend more time with you, which.. of course, I want to. I'm sorry I haven't had much time. The shop is starting to get more popular."

"You design the most beautiful gowns, mum. Of course it's popular," Louis said quietly. "I'm... it's fine. I'm used to it by now." He Wasn't trying to be rude, but he was unsurprised to hear she couldn't make graduation. He honestly didn't expect to see his mother again until he traveled out to see her in London.

"Where's Harry's mother at?" She asked, since the house seemed empty.

"Oh... she's a doctor so she's never here, really," Louis explained.

"And Harry has no siblings? Seems so quiet here," she said with a small laugh, since she was used to her full house.

"Yes, he has a sister but she's older and already moved out. Her name is Gemma. She's amazing," Louis said with a small smile. "She's gay, too. An inspiration, really, in a happy relationship, away from all the drama of high school."