4.4

Hi my lovies thank you for your patience! There was a big loss in my family in April and I'm still recovering from that. I have had a very rough few months, and I apologize for the inconvenience.
Also, I have like a thousand messages in my inbox and I'm so sorry but I cannot get back to all of you! 🥺 but I appreciate you all checking in on me! ❤️

~~

Dear Louis Tomlinson,

  We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted in London's Institute for Fine Arts. We will soon be in touch with you! -

Louis couldn't even read the rest of the letter, he was so stunned. He'd officially gotten into the university of his dreams. He was now actually on his way to becoming a real life actor. He could feel his hands shaking as he set the paper down on his bed stand. He reached for his phone but... who could he call?

His mum was currently on a jet back home. Calum and Niall were too busy for him recently. He and Ed were still rocky after the recent encounters they've shared. Roni was a bitch. Jade was still out of town. Harry was pretending he didn't exist.

He hesitated before picking up the phone and making a call. He knew he'd probably regret it, but wanted to share his news.

He was surprised when Harry answered the phone, and he let out a breath in relief.

"Louis? Are you okay?" Harry asked, probably since they hadn't really spoken in a while.

"Oh... well - yes. Yes, I'm great. I ... uh - I got into the Fine Arts university I've been telling you about, in London. And I - I wanted to let you know." Louis was so nervous. Would Harry be angry that Louis called him for this?

"Oh," Harry said quietly. "Uh.. Louis, that's great. I'm so happy for you," he finally said. Louis could tell he meant it, but he wished to have a hug from Harry.

"Yeah, I'm just.. You're the only person I really wanted to tell," Louis admitted.

Harry seemed surprised at that, letting out a small, "Oh", before adding, "I was?"

"Of course," Louis said quickly, sitting on his bed. "I .. I want you in my life, Harry. I want you in my future so I want to keep you updated about it."

It was silent for a moment. Louis was afraid Harry hung up for a moment. Then the man spoke.

"Well, I'm truly happy for you. I hope that works out for you."

Louis sighed, falling back on his pillow. "Harry... come on. I've had some time and I still want to be with you."

"Louis... we've had many breaks and I've never felt secure enough to come back to you. I don't feel secure as we speak so I'm not ready to get back together. Not until I know it's right," Harry explained softly.

"Well... can we hang out, please?" Louis whispered. "I'm about to practice makeup looks for prom."

Harry took a moment before he was saying, "Okay. I'll be there soon."

Louis sighed in relief as he hung up, and then he was scrambling to get ready. He showered, shaving his legs just for the heck of it, and putting on a pair of comfortable cotton shorts and a cropped tee. He was extremely more comfortable about what he wore these days, and he wanted Harry to be aware that he was the reason for it.

The doorbell rang and he headed downstairs in excitement. It didn't even dawn on him that this was Harry's house and he wouldn't be ringing the bell. It was Ashton at the door, not Harry.

He took a moment, catching the way Ashton's eyes drifted over him, and then Louis was blushing. "Why are you... what's going on?"

"I .. Liam and I broke up," Ashton breathed, shifting on his feet. "And I .. I - just really wanted to see you. I'm sorry. This is dumb. I just... you always make me feel .. you make me forget about things."