3.5

Louis sighed as he came into the house, calling out for Harry. There was no answer. He slowly climbed the stairs, knocking on Harry's bedroom door. He stepped inside once Harry hummed.

"Harry," Louis said softly, looking at his fiancé. "I'm sorry that I forgot... I really hoped you'd make the team and so I didn't think-"

"That's it, though," Harry said bitterly, looking up from his laptop. "You didn't think, Louis. Not about me. You proved to me that you only care about yourself, just like I've thought many times before!"

"Harry... Daddy. That's not true. Please," Louis whimpered, crawling onto the bed. "Please. I didn't mean to shut you out of my schedule. You never mentioned anything after I missed one practice."

"I didn't want to sound like a bitch. And, I was sure I made the team. I was... I tried so hard. The list was clear, though. My name was nowhere on it," he said firmly. "I didn't even get to see who the captain was. I was too busy searching for me... maybe I can talk to the captain into helping me persuade the coaches to be... be a bench warmer at least. I need football."

Louis sighed. "Daddy, I'm sure we can do something-"

"Quit calling me that. Not right now," Harry said firmly, shaking his head, causing his long hair to fall around his shoulders. "I can't do this right now... will you sleep in your room?"

Louis was shocked. Louis never slept without Harry since he moved. He nodded slowly anyways, grabbing up his school bag, laptop, and phone charger before heading to the room he was originally assigned. He sunk into the bed, feeling like shit.

~~~

"Ease on down, ease on down the road. Come on and, ease on down, ease on down the road," Louis sang to himself as he moved down the hallway, biting his lip. He was trying to focus on the song he had to do for the audition. That wasn't wen the correct song, he was just distracted.

"Louis-" Niall breathed, suddenly in front of Louis- "Oh my God! Did you hear!? Harry- he got captain of the team! That's why his name wasn't on the list, because the coach always announces that to the captain personally and he couldn't find Harry that day!"

Louis stood there in shock, staring at Niall. "What- are you serious?"

Niall grinned. "Yes! I knew it would be him! I should have said something but I didn't want to get his hopes up. Go to him, Louis!"

Louis bit his lip, looking towards the music room, where he was supposed to be practicing, before nodding and turning around to go find Harry.

~~~

Harry grunted as he kicked the ball into the net, tilting his head to the side. He really wanted to be a perfect captain. He was so nervous because he hadn't expected to get this position in his first year. But it was his last year and he was ready for it. He had to be ready for it.

"Harry... there you are."

Harry knew that voice. He ignored Louis, kicking another ball in, scoring the far left corner easily.

"Harry," Louis repeated, huffing as he stepped closer. "Please listen to me-"

"Louis, shut up for right now!" Harry snapped. "I can't deal with you right now so please just leave me alone for a bit, Okay? I know that you're sorry. I know it," he said, "But that doesn't stop the fact that it happened. Me making captain- it doesn't change a think." He sighed and shook his head. "You weren't here for me."

Louis sunk into the grass, burying his face in his hands. He took a deep breath before looking at Harry with tears streaming down his cheeks. "I... I know that, Harry," he sobbed. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Daddy, please. I miss you. It's been nearly a week. I haven't slept, I haven't been eating, I've missed two vocal lessons, and I failed a big test. I haven't been doing anything, Harry, because I'm so lonely and miserable without you. Please forgive me."

Harry shook his head and grabbed his bag, heading out. He had to get to swim practice.

~~~

When Harry arrived home that night, Anne was in the kitchen, fixing dinner. She smiled softly at Harry, eyes roaming over her son. "Hello, Harry."

"Hello," he mumbled. "Uh... what are you doing?" When she did get nights off, she usually spent them relaxing since she was used to sleeping during the day and working nights. She rarely cooked.

"I'm... I decided to cook your favorite dinner... Harry, I was thinking... I've been thinking about what you said and you're right. I haven't been here for you... I'm sorry. I'm going to try to do more on my off nights and not sleep as much when you're home on weekends. I'll stop by your games before work and do what I can before you leave to go to college... for whatever you want to do."

Harry sighed. "Mum... this was unnecessary. I love you but... I love you. This isn't you. It's cool and all but not what I want."

Anne looked away, cheeks dark in embarrassment. "O-oh... Okay, well... I'll just finish this up and head to my room." She wiped her eyes and excused herself to the restroom.

"You didn't have to be a dick, Harry," Louis whispered and Harry jumped a bit, angrily turning around.

"Don't get in this," Harry snapped. "This isn't about you. You don't know me and my mum well enough to just jump in and try to fix the argument. You aren't a superhero, Louis. You're a stupid, gay boy."

Louis's jaw dropped a bit at Harry's words. His eyebrows furrowed. "Wh-what did you call me? A stupid gay boy!? You're gay, too, you fucking asshole!"

Harry growled. "I'm not gay! I did this shit to help out a kid who was being picked on, Okay? I did this for that purpose alone. I fell in love. It doesn't mean I'm gay. It means I've... I have been around you too much. I will still fuck girls and enjoy it!"

"Oh... you will?" Louis snapped.

"Yeah," Harry said, eyebrows furrowing. "I will."

"Then do it," Louis breathed. "Cheat on me, Harry."

"Oh, get over yourself," Harry snapped. "You'd like for me to cheat so that more attention would be on you!"

"Why are we even engaged!?" Louis screamed out.

"We aren't," Harry hissed before he left the room. Louis didn't go after him.

~~~

Hello, please spread the word that I'm back. I'm not doing college this year since it's my first year out of high school. I've decided to do a bit of traveling.

QOTC: where do you live!? I've asked before but I want to see if anyone lives in a country or state I'm going to visit. Yes, if you live in the US, name your state!

Xx