0.4

Harry pulled in front of a normal-sized house, breathing slowly through his nose. This was it. He would pick Louis up and head to his first party since moving.

And he was aiming to impress.

But not only impress- no, Louis was going to be the most popular lad around when Harry announces that he's befriended the boy.

It was brilliant.

Harry got out of his car and walked towards the door, knocking one, twice, thr- a woman opened the door.

"Um... Is Louis here?" Harry asked, widening his eyes a little. He hadn't expected to meet Louis's mother.

The woman opened her mouth to speak but a high voice cut her off. "Aunt Delilah, I'm going out and-" Louis stopped, blinking and looking between the woman and Harry. "Oh. Um, hi, Harry."

"Is this a fiend of yours, Lou?" The woman asked, smiling kindly at Harry.

"I am. My name is Harry," Harry said, holding out a calloused hand, which the woman took.

"Oh, hello, I'm Louis's aunt! My name is Delilah!" She said, smiling even brighter. "You're quite the looker! Are you taking Louis out?"

Louis mentally face-palmed. "Aunt Dee, Harry and I are going to a party that our friend is throwing. We're just going to carpool."

Louis's aunt was still smiling but she was trying to hide it. "Alright, alright. Be safe and your curfew is midnight."

Louis nodded, blushing and walking out of the door and grabbing Harry's wrist, yanking him to the car.

Harry opened Louis's door before going over to the driver's side and climbing in.

"I'm not a girl, Harry," Louis mumbled. "You don't have to open the door for me."

Harry shrugged. "No offense, Louis, but by the way you act and dress, I figured you'd like me doing things like that."

"Usually when someone says 'no offense', it's followed by an offensive comment. Sort of like what you just did," Louis snapped, crossing his arm over his colorfully striped shirt.

"Well, that's the perks of being friends with a jerk," Harry said bluntly, winking in Louis's direction.

They drove the rest of the way in an oddly comfortable silence. The only sound was the soft indie music Harry was playing.

"I didn't know you liked that kind of music," Louis commented when they pulled onto the packed street Ed Sheeran lived on.

"Yeah, most people wouldn't think that. Normally, I don't let people ride in the car with me and I don't have friends over at mine too often. I tried to avoid attention on my life because of-" Harry stopped, mid-sentence. He let out a troubled sigh, took off his hat, shook out his hair, and placed the hat back. "Anyways... We're here."

Louis blinked before nodding. "Yeah, we are. You look good, Harry."

It was true. In a white wifebeater, a red flannel, black skinnies, brown boots, and a black Snapback that covered his long brown hair.

Harry have Louis a dimpled smile, looking even more breathtaking. "Thanks. I like your... Colors." Harry smirked and winked again.

Louis blushed and followed Harry's actions by getting out of the car and heading to the door. Like most parties, teenagers were everywhere.

Harry led Louis inside to find a crowded room. Louis's blinked, remembering to years before. He could see his five year old self hiding behind the same couch a couple was making out on in the room to their right. He could see his nine year old self climbing the staircase right in front of him, holding a heavy bag of toys and clothes. He could see his fourteen your old self, running out the door he just walked through, crying his eyes out because he had just lost his best friend.