#27: If Only You Could Trust Me

Hello :)

So, this is a request by Ela_Evza.

"Could you please do one chapter so that Y/N's father or another relative is one of the Avengers?"

Anyway, after having a small discussion with the requester, we ended up deciding that Y/N and Loki would be in a relationship and that Y/N's relative wouldn't quite agree with that.

Now, about that relative; since I had the option, I decided to make them Y/N's sibling. I spent two days thinking about which of the Avengers would be the most appropriate, and I ended up choosing Peter Parker. My main concern was that I have readers of different ethnicities that don't match Peter's (I mean, even I am half-Arabic –I don't match it either). But then I realised that, whatever character I choose, there would be people who wouldn't match their ethnicity. So, for you guys, let's suppose you are adopted. Consider it one more thing you and Loki have in common.

I hope you enjoy the chapter. ♥️

P.S. Sam Wilson will always be the new Captain America for me, no matter what happens in "The Falcon And The Winter Soldier".

Published on March 2021

... 

Y/N entered the Avengers compound, looking around in awe; even though her brother was a regular there, it was the first time she ever entered the building, since she normally would just drive him there and then leave. The place was massive, graceful, equipped with the latest technological achievements... Stark's legacy. She sighed, remembering how devastated Peter was when Tony had passed away...

"... Yes, Sam, I know... I informed Rhodes. And yes, I will notify Bucky. How on earth did he not come with you, I thought he was with Captain America till the end of the line, no?"

Y/N turned around when she heard the voice. She saw a man strolling towards her, obviously not having noticed her presence, as he was in the middle of a call, holding his cell phone pressed between his shoulder and his ear, as he was simultaneously scribbling something down into a folder. He was tall, with long raven hair and shimmering emerald eyes, while his clothes were neat, and his pace was quick.

"I'm sorry, grim joke, I really have to contain myself, there are so many people that highly dislike me anyway and my attitude aggravates everything-" he broke off when he saw Y/N. "Look, I will call Bucky, but right now I need to ring off. Don't fucking die," –he hung up– "Hey, how I can help you?" he asked Y/N then.

"Uhh, yeah, hey, I... I am actually looking for Peter Parker. I am his sister," she responded as she nervously looked at him –she never was good at social interactions.

"Okay, I will get you there in a minute..." he muttered as he was typing a number into his phone and then brought it next to his ear and waited for a few seconds. "Hey, Sam needs your help... Yeah... Mission 512, I will send you his coordinates in a minute... Okay, yes, just hurry a bit, or Wilson is going to be even more fucked up than he already is... Yeah, bye."

He ended the call and typewrote something –those coordinates he mentioned, presumably– and, after sending them, he eventually looked at Y/N.

"I am sorry for that, it's been a kind of crazy day. Apparently, Rhodes thought it was a solid idea to let Wilson go to that mission on his own, while this time clearly was one of those that a person alone cannot succeed, no matter how capable they are. Nevertheless, follow me."