#20: I Can't Help Falling In Love With You

Yes, I will keep naming chapters after songs, because I'm terrible at finding original titles for my stories. Anyway, the title is from the so-called song by Elvis Presley –because I like it. The song is on the top if you'd like to listen to it.

Anyway, this chapter is a request by a person who desired to remain anonymous. The request text is kind of too big and none of you will probably bother reading it, therefore there's no need to write it here.

Enjoy! ♥

Punished on March 2020

...

Y/N ran to the Bifrost the moment she learnt the warriors were back from the battle. She held the front of her dress with her one hand as she walked quickly.

The first familiar face she came across with was Thor. She rushed to his side.

"Hey", she panted, "How did it go? Where's Loki?"

Thor ran his big hand through his blond hair.

"We won", he replied then, "Loki is somewhere in the back. He seemed unwell when I-"

"Shit!" Y/N cut him short, running past him.

She ran in between the crowd, her eyes wandering around, looking for Loki. About a minute later, she spotted him. He was walking with slow, unsteady steps, with a hand on the left side of his chest. She quickly rushed to his side.

"Hey. Are you okay? What happened?" she asked concernedly, putting a hand on his shoulder.

Loki's lips parted as though he wanted to say something but then coughed and stumbled, and Y/N noticed his fingers clenched tighter on his chest –it was clear that he was hurt. She put her hand on his back in order to help him stand, and then she magically teleported him in one of the healing rooms.

"Sit down, let me see your wounds –let me clean them for you", she said, making him lay into the bed.

Loki shook his head as he kept his hand on his chest and coughed again.

"It's fine, it's nothing", he mumbled.

"No, it's not fine, Loki. Take your armour off", Y/N insisted.

Loki coughed, and Y/N's pupils dilated with terror when she saw blood running down from his lips. He wiped it away with the back of his hand, but then he coughed again, and more blood filled his mouth.

"Dammit, Loki, stop being stubborn; take the armour off!" Y/N hissed agitatedly, putting a hand on the said armour and trying to remove it from his body, but Loki placed his free hand on hers, preventing her from doing so.

"Y/N, I'm fine. It doesn't matter".

"It doesn't matter". Loki's words repeated themselves in Y/N's head. He meant he didn't... care whether he'd die or not? She pushed his hands away and sighed when she saw the dings that had been created on his chest plate by some sort of bladed weapon. She removed his armour, even though he tried to prevent her from doing so as he kept coughing, spitting blood. There were two big bloodstains at the spot where his shirt was torn by the said weapon. She took the shirt off as well and her look locked on the two stab wounds on Loki's chest.

"It's not fine, Loki", Y/N said sternly.

Loki tried to talk, yet the blood in his mouth prevented him from doing so. Breathing was becoming harder.

"Y/N", he managed to stutter.

"Shh, be quiet", Y/N soughed as she touched one of the wounds.

Loki hissed in pain –it damn hurt– and closed his eyes, which resulted in his not seeing Y/N blushing when she touched his chest. But, surely, her touch felt nice. He tilted his head back and let out a moan of pain as he kept coughing.