#10: Hela Chronicles

Howdy! How's life? (Life is a bitch!) You shut up, stupid conscience!

Anyway, I took inspiration for this chapter when I was reading an old diary of mine (yup, I used to keep a diary --I still do sometimes).

A few things, to avoid complications: I use the names of two ancient Norse months:

     1. Ýlir (= 14 November – 13 December)

     2. Mörsugur (= 14 December – 12 January)

Yes, I've done my research :)

Also, considering that Loki speaks the All-Tongue or AllSpeak (a language that anyone who hears it will hear their native language) when he reads the Asgardian text, he actually reads ancient runes, but we hear it in English (or our native language anyways, but I use English here for graspable reasons).

That's from me, I hope you enjoy the chapter!

Published on March 2019

...

"Loki, we're eating, won't you come?"

Loki lifted his head up and looked at Y/N who had just entered his bedroom. He was sitting on his bed with his sketchbook on his lap and a pencil in his hand.

"Oh, hey. Yeah... Is it 2 p.m. already?" he asked and smiled.

"Actually, 2:15 p.m."

Loki closed the sketchbook, placed it on the bed next to him and bent down to take his slippers from the floor.

"I'm sorry", he mumbled, hurriedly putting on his slippers, "I was sketching and I lost the sense of time".

"Don't worry, the table is not laid yet", said Y/N, "You don't have to apologise".

A small smile broke out on Loki's lips.

"Mind if I see?" asked Y/N, pointing at his sketchbook.

"Not at all", replied the God of Mischief and handed it to her.

The woman took the sketchbook in her hands, sat on the edge of the bed and began thumbing its pages, while Loki was arranging his pencils.

"Is this the one you're drawing now?" asked she, showing the last non-blank page.

"Yeah".

It was the sketch of a woman. It was a beautiful one, yet blurred, like she was a face that he was struggling with recalling.

"Is she someone specific?"

"My sister, Hela".

"Hela? The one who-"

"Yes, she's the one who tried to kill us", Loki cut her off.

He sat on the bed next to her and took the sketchbook from her hands. He put it in a drawer quickly and looked at Y/N pensively.

"What are you thinking?" she asked in concern.

"She wasn't always like that", replied Loki, picking at his hands, "I remember her being younger... a little. I used to think it was just a dream, but... it seems it wasn't. My first memory ever... I was young... but when I say young, I mean too young and small, and I was trying to... climb on the bed", a small smile broke out on Loki's face, "... but, as I said, I was too small. Thor was on the bed and was trying to raise me up, but he was small too and he couldn't... and then a young Hela came in –I think she had just become an adult then– and... she raised me up and put me on the bed... she was smiling... and that's it. That's my first and last memory of my sister, before becoming who she was when she died".