#52: Dream Bigger

Hello :3

So,  user The_Gay_Alien1 requested a one-shot "where Y/N is going to cosplay as Loki for Halloween or comic-con". Given that the request was sent to me mid-October, I briefly thought of making it a Halloween special (hence going for the first choice), but due to other requests and WIPs that were ahead of it, I figured out that going for the second choice and writing a con fic would be a more fit choice. Also, having recently rewatched 'Ms Marvel', I had the idea to have Y/N cosplay as Loki for AvengerCon, so this is that.

I hope you like this one.

Published on April 2023

...

"Are you really going to wear this?"

Y/N rolled her eyes playfully and chuckled as she listened to Loki. Truth be told, knowing that one of Loki's weaknesses was vanity, she hadn't expected him to be so surprised when she had announced that she would cosplay as him at the upcoming AvengerCon they had planned to go to.

"And did you have to work for so long in secret in order to replicate the entire costume when you could just ask for the real thing?"

Y/N laid the pieces of her costume on the bed one by one carefully. "Your costume would be too big on me, Loki."

Loki shrugged. "Nothing that a simple spell couldn't fix."

"And, besides, making the costumes is part of the cosplay thing. Making my own personalised costume that fits me perfectly is part of the charm."

Loki raised an eyebrow at her. "I thought people dressed up as the heroes at the AvengerCon," he said, unable to find a counter-argument to Y/N's point.

She turned to look at him, bringing a hand to her chest and opening her so widely that it seemed as though they would pop out of their sockets in feigned, exaggerated shock. "Loki, Prince of Asgard, rightful King of Jotunheim, Odinson... if that's your way of telling me you do not consider yourself a hero, you'd better take it back immediately."

Loki raised his hands in defeat. "All right, whatever you say."

Y/N finished laying her costume on the bed and then took a step back to look at it; Loki had to admit, as he looked as well, that she had done a magnificent job, and that was a hell of an achievement considering how detailed and complex his Asgardian attire was. He was about to express his amazement and praise, but before he could do so, Y/N turned her head towards him and looked at him with excitement.

"So, who are you going to dress up as?"

Loki furrowed his eyebrows and scratched the back of his head, realising he hadn't thought that he was supposed to dress up as anyone. "I'd figured out I won't dress up," he admitted.

"What?" Y/N asked.

"Yeah."

"No, I didn't hear you."

Loki's frown became a bit deeper. "Oh, I said I figured out I won't dress up."

"What?"

"I said-"

"No, I heard you this time -- but what?" Loki's eyebrows went up as he looked at her with a moderately nervous expression. "Everyone dresses up at AvengerCon!"

"Well, everyone else going there is a fan of superheroes while I, according to you, am a superhero." Here, Loki shrugged. "Technically, my own skin is a costume fit for the AvengerCon."