#13: Loneliness Is An Old Friend

Heyyy! And, yeah, I finally posted -I wasn't sure I'd make it. This week was quite stressful for me. Anyway, here is the story!! It's a little big for a one-shot (4614 words) and needed a lot of work to be completed, so I hope you like it!!

Edit: HA! 2019-me thought that 4.6k words were a lot. AHAHAHA (~2023 me speaking)

Published on May 2019

...

Loki was dead. This time it was genuine --no one had saved him, nor he had faked his death. He had been dead for five whole years. Therefore, it was a great surprise for him to open his eyes and breathe again.

It was like waking up from deep hibernation. Deep indeed. Loki sat up and looked around. Where the fuck am I? The next second a mocking laugh left his mouth. Total blank, huh? I had imagined Valhalla more... impressive.

"This is not Valhalla", sounded a female voice, causing Loki to look back and freeze when he saw Frigga, "It's in your mind. Some sort of a vision, I'd say".

The God of Mischief followed his mother with his eyes as she approached and sat beside him. He looked at her in confusion.

"My mind? Is it still working?" he asked then sarcastically.

"Now it does", Frigga replied.

"Now?" wondered Loki and frowned, "What about before?"

"You had been lifeless for five years, Loki", she said and Loki's face altered with shock, "But now you are back to life".

"Wait, you mean I literally came back from the dead?"

"Yes", was Frigga's reply, "You were in Valhalla for five years --now you won't remember what it was like since you're alive again".

"But... h-how...?"

"To defeat Thanos, the Avengers messed with time. They went back to the past and changed things, causing the creation of a different timeline where you don't die. And here's the point; this changes nothing to ordinary people. But not to you; you are a god, Loki, and your other self out there keeps you alive. Your magic is the reason. Your other self's magic drags you back to life. You cannot die as long as he is alive. And before asking me if this happens for him in reverse --it does not. Your existence is above his, as his timeline was created after our own".

Loki remained silent, thunderstruck, realising the gravity of what his mother had just said. 'You cannot die as long as he is alive'. This was... enormous.

"So... I'm back", he concluded, "If all this happens in my mind... where is my body?" he wondered then and furrowed his eyebrows.

Frigga let out a sigh.

"Your body had been floating in the universe for some time until it arrived on Sakaar-"

"Oh shit. The lunatic is going to slaughter me".

"We said you can't die".

"Even worse; the Grandmaster is going to make my life a martyrdom in... exchange for depriving him of his greatest champion", he spoke and then noticed that Frigga had raised her eyebrow, "What? I do not believe Bruce desired to stay yonder!"

"Anyway, that is the reason you will have to get off this planet. And now I am going to continue if you do not mind", responded Frigga and, perceiving that Loki did not fancy saying anything, she proceeded, "When your body arrived on Sakaar, a scrapper discovered it and recognised you --it appears that you were considerably popular there. That scrapper took you and entombed you in a grave --where you have been for the last five years".