#15: It's A Hard Life - Part I

Sorry for not posting for so long...

Trigger warning: blackmailing, death threats, rape/ sexual assault, self-harming, mention of suicide (yeah, this is gonna be a tough one).

Also, if you are not okay with LGBTQIA people, I don't know what are you doing here, as Loki is pansexual/bisexual (I don't know, but anyway, has a sexuality that is in the multisexual spectrum) and genderfluid --everyone knows that. Anyway, if you are here but still not okay with this stuff, just... leave.

Published on July 2019

...

"Alright Avengers, do I have your attention?" Clint Barton said aloud, looking at his fellows who were sitting at the round table before him.

Without Steve Rogers and Tony Stark, Clint and Sam were now the 'bosses' around there, the ones who called the Avengers when they were needed

"Can you enlighten us on why you called us here?" asked Loki from the furthest spot of the table, folding his arms across his chest.

"We've got a new... staff change", Clint replied quickly, raising an eyebrow.

"Did we hire a new cleaning lady again? Pity, the old one was toothsome".

Y/N, who was sitting right next to him, shoved him with her knuckle, slightly annoyed. The God of Mischief let out a chuckle.

"That was a joke that nobody was supposed to laugh with", he sneered and then leaned towards her, "No one turns me on like you do", he said, his voice being barely a whisper, so that she'd be the only one who'd hear him.

"Yeah, back to our point", said Sam, snapping them back to reality, "Barton, you were saying...?"

"Thank you, Sam. No, we didn't hire a new cleaning lady. It seems that our old secretary decided to quit after his abduction on our last mission..."

"How unusual", mocked Stephen, who was sitting on Clint's left, and Y/N wondered for a millionth time if he and Loki had taken part in some sort of irony olympiad.

"Shut up, Strange", Sam said unruffled, stood up and walked to the door.

"Anyway, Sam and I found another one", Clint said, "Sam brings him now --his name is Frederick Malloy".

Loki flinched at the sound of the name, and the little colour he had on his already pale face drained out when a man entered the room. He was exactly the same as Loki remembered him; light blond hair and a smile that would never reach his brown eyes. When Frederic Malloy looked at the God of Mischief, a wry smile broke out on his face.

"Hello, Loki", he said sarcastically.

"Fred", mumbled the trickster, instinctively grabbing Y/N's hand under the table.

Wanda knit her eyebrows and looked at them in curiosity.

"You two... know each other?" she asked, quite bemused.

"Yes", replied Loki, tightening his grip on Y/N's hand so much that he could break her fingers, "I think we're done here, we can now be dispersed, can't we?"

Without waiting for an answer, he stood up and rushed out of the room. Y/N turned her face towards the door, contemplating what she should do next. Then, she pushed her chair back and stood up.

"Give me a second", she said then and stepped out.

She walked up the stairway to the roof. She was sure that Loki would be there; he always went there every time he was hurt, scared or nervous. Alone on the roof, with the air blowing in his face, he managed to relax.