#5: Why Can't I Be Normal?

Hello again! Well... WELL... this is not a LokiXReader. It's... Loki. It's 1200 words of Loki being Loki. As very, very young adult, just like #2: Never Stop Fighting (a previous chapter). The reader does not participate in the story. It's something a little... different. Anyways, I hope you'll like it!!

Publisher on January 2019
...

Then...

Loki shuffled along the corridor, with his hands clenched into tight fists. It was the big day. Not the coronation day of course –not yet– but it was a big day anyways. He and Thor had been training for months, expecting this day. They would have a battle with Odin for the first time in their lives.

It was a kind of evaluation that the Allfather did to all his warriors. Facing each other like adversaries, they were giving their best and then the king of Asgard was giving them a precise assessment of their abilities and weaknesses.

When Loki had first been told about that, the first thing he did was to run to the library and search everything about it. He had read that almost no one had managed to defeat Odin –only two or three had ever succeed this– and he had beat in hollow many worthy warriors, but Loki was determined to give his best. How hard would it be anyways?

When he entered the room, Odin and Thor had already begun fighting, and it was a good thing to watch while being bored.

Loki tilted back and placed his back against the wall. He stood there and watched the fighters with an unruffled look on his face.

Thor fell on the floor and didn't manage to stand. One... Two... Three... Four... Five! It was over. Odin had beaten his elder son. This baffled Loki. If Odin defeated Thor, what chances did he stand? Thor was always claimed by Odin to be better than him at anything except from troublemaking!

"You have strength, son, but you lack conviction. I will elaborate on the subject when I finish with your brother". He turned his face towards Loki, as Thor approached him.

"Never mind, brother, you did great", said he and cracked a sympathetic smile.

"Thanks", said Thor and winced in pain.

Loki patted Thor on the shoulder in a compassionate manner.

"You're late! I had told you to come before I and Thor begin!" yelled Odin, looking at his youngest son.

"Well... what kind of Mischievous God would I be if I always did what you ask?" came Loki's sarcastic answer.

Odin didn't say anything. Loki approached him, brought out his daggers and spun them in his fingers.

"Do you have anything to tell me before we start?" asked he, raising his eyebrows.

"You know the rules. And no killing!"

"Shall we begin?"

The fight started and, oh, it was so hard! But, why was Loki on edge, he couldn't understand. He felt like, if he defeated Odin, his father would pay for all the injustice Loki had endured all those years.

They had been fighting for so much time, but the trickster hadn't given up. The truth to be told, he was exhausted, but he wouldn't let Odin notice it. No, he would insist until he would win or couldn't find anymore. Like he had always been doing.

Loki suddenly pushed his father down abruptly. He stood beneath him with his dagger on the Allfather's neck. For some reason, he was irate, and this made him perilous.

"...five! Loki, it's over", Thor's voice sounded. Loki didn't move, he just kept pushing the weapon against Odin's neck. If a look could kill, then the murderous look in his eyes would have exterminated the Allfather in seconds.