#8: Family First - PART II

Well... since it was requested, here is the second part of "Family First" (previous chapter). I don't know if it is as good as the first part, but I hope you like it!

[references to self-harm and child abuse might be triggering] 

Published on February 2019
..

It had been three months since the day Loki had reunited with his son William. Three months since the day he saw Y/N for the first time in three years. Y/N... his beloved beautiful ex-wife, now was married to someone else.

It hurt. Seeing her with someone else was hard and it was killing him slowly and torturously. He loved her so much and... he just had that small glimpse of hope that she still loved him too. Maybe it was true; maybe it was nothing more than a childish wish. One way or another, he couldn't fight it.

But he shouldn't be complaining, he kept reminding to himself. At least, now he could see his son. He could see his sweet little boy, and there was nothing that could make him happier than being with his child. Sure, things were much better now.

Then why do you keep doing this? Loki looked down at his wounded arm and let out a sigh. Why, really? Why did he keep cutting himself? Why was he doing it again?

He used to do that when he was a teenager. Then he grew up and forced himself to stop. He was a man, he couldn't be so pathetic. But then he started again, when he divorced Y/N. And now he just couldn't stop.

He lifted the razor up and was about to do another cut, when, suddenly, the doorbell rang. Who the hell was it? And why did they keep ringing the bell so intensely?

"I'm coming!" called Loki and pressed a towel against the wounds, trying to stop the bleeding.

Screw it! Loki cursed in his head, hiding the razor quickly in a cupboard and rolling his sleeve down as he was running to open the door.

It was Y/N. By the first second he faced her, he knew something bad was going on. Her beautiful eyes were red and puffy, like she had been crying, and she was trembling like a leaf. Loki pulled her inside the house and closed the door.

"What's going on? You're shivering!" he said in concern, putting his hands on her shoulders and looking inside her eyes.

She shouldn't be so nervous, she was nine months pregnant! It was bad for both her and the baby's health. She could give birth any time!

"Loki, is William here?" she asked and her voice cracked.

"William? No, what would he be doing here now? Tell me what's going on, Y/N", said Loki, even though he could already guess the answer, no matter the fact that he refused to accept it.

"I-I don't know where he is, Loki... h-he g-got... he got lost...!" she mumbled and burst into tears, burying her face in his chest.

Loki led her to the living room and helped her sit in the sofa, sitting next to her. He wrapped his arms around her and soughed a rhythmic 'Shh' in her ear. He was getting so panicked, but he shouldn't show it. Couldn't. Y/N was losing sanity from her shock, and, right now, he was the only one who could help her.

"Shh... calm down, darling... tell me exactly what happened", he said, caressing her back softly.

Y/N choked on her own sobs while trying to muffle them. She sniffled and her lips parted.

"I-I was cooking... I-I don't know what happened upstairs, the hood was on, I didn't hear anything... Harry was at work... when he came, he went to William's r-room and... h-he wasn't there... where is our child, Loki...?"