#37: Family Drama

Hello!

So, this is a request by healthygrilmaddie. So, in this one, you're Bucky's sister! Sorry if you've got a crush on him (or Sebastian Stan) and now I made you siblings, but that's how the thing's gonna be for you. 😬

Anyway, you're Bucky's sister, and there's a dumbass ex and some angst (of course). So, I guess the trigger warning here is references to toxic relationships.

Oh, there's a daughter too. Yeah. Anyway. Enjoy ♥

Published on January 2022
...

"Bucky, are you sure it's a good idea to meet your superhero friends?" Y/N asked as she crossed her legs, sitting in the passenger seat of her brother's car.

"Why wouldn't it be?" Bucky wondered, shooting a glance at her while keeping his attention on the road ahead.

"They are the world's mightiest heroes, Buck—and I am a random girl who used to be a HYDRA hit woman."

"A brainwashed hit woman," Bucky corrected her.

"Still, I am me, and I-"

"Y/N, you went through everything I went through, and the Avengers accepted me as an Avenger. Why wouldn't they accept you? You are a super-soldier, after all—and a good one, may I add."

"Yes, but you did so many things before they made you part of the team; you fought against Thanos, you took down a group of terrorists alongside Wilson—you even were a war hero before you became a super-soldier. You might've killed people when HYDRA controlled you, but you've also saved many; I have saved no one."

"You seem to forget that HYDRA found you because you were looking for me. You were trying to find me or even a body because, if you couldn't save me anymore, you would at least be able to honour my death. This means a lot, you know."

"Yes, but you also had Steve to support you."

"And you have me. You think so little of me?" he joked.

She laughed, and the discussion ended there. As the car moved, though, Y/N kept thinking about it. She was going to meet the Avengers in their headquarters—that's what Bucky had said. Nothing too formal, just a casual gathering with a bit of talking, and then they would all have dinner.

When they arrived, Y/N was so nervous that Bucky had to open the car door for her and pull her out of the seat by the elbow. "Relax," he said as they walked towards the entrance of the Avengers compound. "They won't bite you."

Y/N let out a nervous cackle and followed her brother into the building. Soon she came across Sam and Thor, and they all headed to the facility's restroom, where the others were. Entering, she came across a lot of faces that were familiar from the news, pictures on the internet or the covers of magazines and newspapers; the famous Avengers...

Some of them said hi, some of them waved, some of them smiled at her, and some others looked at her with uneasy expressions that revealed they wanted to be nice but weren't so sure what they were supposed to do. There was one person, though, who did neither of those things. He was sitting at the one corner of the couch, with his bare feet pressed against its edge and a book on his lap. When he noticed her presence, he shot her a mere glance, and then his blue-green eyes returned to his book. He looked like he wasn't pleased to be there—one could say like he had been forced to attend the gathering. Y/N realised as she observed his pale face and his long black hair that he was Loki.

Bucky sat down and encouraged her to do the same; there was an empty space beside him, and Y/N could have avoided any further awkwardness by sitting there but, in a moment of impulsivity, she crossed the room and sat at the space beside Loki. He shot her a look of surprise as though he had expected her to sit anywhere but there, and then he gazed back at his book.